Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Looks nice John. I particularly like the shot of the courtesy car pictured on the front page and will expect to be offered this when I next vist.:)

·
Registered
682 Posts
Fully valid code, nice one!

Obviously hasn't been browser tested though - I get the red text at the top of the home page half cut off with a scroll bar beside the text.

Interesting methos of navigation, with the content inside the nav - nice :)

I don't like the fact you have hidden a lot of content beneath rollover functionality - bad practice from a usability POV as people may miss critical information of even cars that you have available, stopping their user journey dead.

I guess you have more content going into areas like "Parts" etc as ATM there's just a list of how someone could use parts.

I like the size of the photos used when looking at the cars, but it's a shame it's not using the same template as the rest of the site.

I would put contact info like email and phone in the footer, not just in the contact page, as you're only CTA is for them to get in touch and this removes the barrier of an extra click.

I like that natural English used in pages like the About Us area - nice an personable.

Could be some problems in accessibility (and remember this is a legal requirement in this country).

·
Registered
8,918 Posts
I like it, simple and effective. The sales part is very very good, size of pictures excellent. Perhaps some examples of fixed priced jobs like cam belt changes would be a good idea, like the Q2 example on the parts page. Very happy to have another Alfa indie in Kent :)

·
Registered
735 Posts
Nice site.

My critics on the font of the Alfa Romeo, Lancia and FIAT. You should go with the original font of each marque. No further critics, everything is fine and simple.

·
Registered
10,019 Posts
Works in FF and Chrome :thumbs:

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
some observations....

Same comments as Slimbloke re title in red being cut and having a scroll bar

Sales: instead if having numbers can you have thumbnails of the cars

Parts: You list several different types of parts you can get, have you thought about changing the example on the right to reflect restoration/racing/flash/fast etc

About us: i like, makes me want to like you as a family firm, how about some mugshots, i know they are not to everyones liking but in this age of doing business over the phone and internet which is very impersonal i think it adds a personal touch back to the business.

Overall: i like it a lot, my comments may seem negative but the colours and layout are very good indeed...i would like to see more of it, by that i mean spread out across the screen, this looks like it was created for a 640x480 screen, using widescreen i am seeing a lot of useable space down the right hand side

By opening up the page you would be able to use larger font of your normal typeface

and it works in Safari

1 - 7 of 7 Posts