Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Firstly I've ordered 2 D1S Philips HID, which I'm hopeful Will sort out my flickering DIMS.

Now, both streams are coming out weak, shooting water jets up about two inches up the windscreen.

It was fine on the passenger side, but both sides equally weak now.

Is this a known issue? Clogging somewhere?

Separately have gutted the dpf. Deleted the EGR and remapped. Car is the best since bought from New.:beer:

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
update

I've taken off the nozzle and put in vinegar.

However, I've noticed a very strange product design. I've noticed most of the water comes out of a down "pipe" . What's the purpose of that? :biglaugh:

·
Registered
704 Posts
Not a clue what your on about. :-(

The washer nozzles have pipes fitted to the back of them, you can access these pipes with the bonnet open by popping off the covers directly under the nozzles on the underside of the bonnet.

If these pipes have fallen off or are leaking you won;t get much water onto the screen (I had that when the water froze and that popped the pipes off the nozzles)

Axe.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi,

Connections are fine. I've accessed and removed nozzle on the driver's side, tried to clean it. It's not blocked :(

Replaced the nozzle tried it again and still weak, just hitting bottom of windscreen.

Would it be a motor issue. Could that still work just at less power?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The "fix"

Looking through the forum. It looks like a problem with both the 159 and Breda at least. With two nozzles costing the guts of £50 to replace.

Mine were fixed by blocking the ends of the down pipe. I imagine these were originally blocked by something originally but gave way.

It's a simple fix and the washer spread is FAR superior.

This may cause problems down the line for the motor if the nozzle blocks and there is no release pipe exit, but I'll take that chance and occasionally check the nozzle - which is a 5 minutes job.

From what I've seen in previous threads nozzles were purchased. This may be an alternative.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts