Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi...another query!
I bought my car about 6 months ago, and it seemed the remote central locking wasn't working (the key locks both doors fine)...it won't lock/unlock the car from outside, but I recently discovered if i hold the small black fob thing up to the sensor near the sunroof switch (when I'm sitting in the car), it locks/unlocks the doors...I've tried changing the batteries in the little black remote to see if it makes it work from outside the car, but it doesn't. Why does it work inside the car but not outside?

Cheers,
Daniel.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
I've had my 145 from 3 years old and it has always been fairly rubbish :rolleyes: I found if I pointed it at the top of the windscreen it would normaly work. After a while I gave up on it though, I just use the key now :( The Philips system on my other 145 is much better ;)

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
This applied to my Fiat. It would accumulated dust in the switch contacts, and the range would gradually reduce to zero. The original battery was still going at 6 years old when I sold it. I was told on one occasion by a Fiat dealer that I needed a new battery. Can you get to the contacts?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts