Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As we all know ALFA Parts ARE EXPENSIVE. IT cost me both my legs:cheese:
My dad does import/exports and is situated in Durban KZN.
He want's to expand his horizons.
Fertilizer Supplier - Cotton and Ginning Industry served by Ramacom International - Harvest Doc Cotton - East Africa, West Africa and Central Africa. Tea fertilizer, Coffee fertilizer and Tobacco fertilizer
We are talking Bulk buy Alfa/Fiat Consumables like:
Suspension:Bushes,ball joints ,mountings ect.
Engine:Thermostats,Water/fuel-pumps,Manifolds,MAFS ect.

Kzn Has a big market for alfa's and not allot of spares in durbZ itself(nearest PMB )
For now we'll concentrate only on 2.5/3.0/3.2 and 2.0Ts engines as they're the most popular.
We are not trying to go in the market for service parts you can get almost anywhere.

This Is non Performance Parts .

We'll maybe even try collaborate with other foreign shops to become a parts dealer here in SA.

This isn't a marketing scheme it's just to see the interest and if it's financially liable
All this depends on your suggestions and interest.

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
Speak to Kevin at AK components. I think he could help to fill a container, instead of filling one on his own.

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
performance paaaaarts!!!!!! We have about 5 GQV owners on here now...interior bits and stuff.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok I e-mailed various suppliers so far. I talked to Kevin at AK. Interested but we have to bring suppliers to the table and what's the use of having suppliers if we don't have a concentrated target market.
Do you guy's think we have to concentrate on the New Multi-air and GM based engines?

If you have any other Alfa Specific performance/OEM suppliers please PM me contact details (E-mail)

·
Registered
157 Posts
Support is cetain.For the same purpose i wanted to buy those 36 Alfas from the chap in Pretoria....But even i would take new pats over old anyday.

·
Registered
347 Posts
For older Alfa's Welcome to International Auto Parts is the holy grail of parts suppliers - but the shipping from the US is very expensive. I'm in the KZN Alfa Club and there are lots of restoration projects on the go - how are your dad's shipping contacts in the US?

Alfaholics is easier to ship from but limited parts and very expensive prices!

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
His main suplier in USA is Lummus Georgia Atlanta USA. Just checked it's 515miles from IAP. Looks like good option.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts