Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
excellent repair and re-finishing job,but now i have to work out how to fit the new rear lamp assembly using one hand! :mad: why? because it's mot is due.

But do you guys think it may pass with the temp repairs i did with a soldering iron?

If so i may leave the fitting of the new unit until my arm/wrist is more functional once again.

pic.

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
we had the repair completed and paid cash for it ourselves, as we did not, or rather her indoors, did not want to lose her nc discount

when the accident occurred a fortnight ago, the following day i did the temp repair on the lamp lense, and stuck the broken bits of concrete back on the fence post with epoxy two pack adhesive.

i also ordered the newlamp the the same day paying cash.

i suppose the best route is to get the missus to take it to the mot centre and see what they say.

i just wondered if there was an opinion from someone on this expansive and knowledgeable forum. :):

P

·
0 Posts
That is some good soldering there ZF :lol:

I am sure a garage will be more than happy to fit it for you in return for beer token or even just good will :D

·
Registered
14,488 Posts
If it's watertight it should be ok.

If you were local I'd nip round and fit the new one for you. If you give us a location, there might be a handy and kindly soul nearby prepared to help?

L

·
0 Posts
I'd say that's ok ZF.

It looks complete. Would fail if there was white light showing (other than reverse light) through holes in the plastic.

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks for the kind offers and useful suggestions. :thumbs:

on that basis i'll send my wife off to the mot station and have bash at fitting the new lamp in a week or two.:): i'll let you know in a few days time how she got on.

·
Registered
5,758 Posts
If ever I'm in a similar situation I just leave the new part on the passenger seat and tell the truth why it's not fitted. Never failed me yet.:)

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
good thinking af.:): in all honesty i would of just told her to take it in as was repaired, but we have a fairly new resident here,(ex copper) who said it would fail it's mot.

my brother is a retired plod too, and it just never ceases to amaze me how he knows everything about anything? ;)

·
Registered
5,758 Posts
I would expect that light to pass as long as no white light shows through the joins. I've never been a copper but I aint 'arf got a lot of cars through Mot tests. ;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts