Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
12,405 Posts
I was having a nose around that website too.

http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/Fraudsters-clone-bank-cards-customers-used/story-14006061-detail/story.html

That Derbyshire BS ATM have a card reader fitted to it. Chip and Pin my bottom!

The banks should have dropped the magnetic strip on the back of the cards and just issued us with another card with the magnetic strip on the back for overseas use.

Yeah New Labour's Big Brother ID Card was really going to stop theft when the banks have left the magnetic strip on the back of cards enabling people to skim and clone them! :mad:

One we're your customers banks. Secondly we bailed you out and own you. Why are you using a system that enables crooks to steal our money from your ATMs? :mad:

Drink oursevles out of the economic hole? No, just get a card skimmer and card cloner and enjoy yourself touring Britain at the expense of the banks emptying ATMs as you go! :mad: :mad:

Actually I've had about 6 pints in the last 6 weeks, so it could be me failing to resist peer group pressure that has helped us out a recession.

·
Registered
12,405 Posts
'Chip and Pin it's great'!

'And the strip on the back means it can still be skimmed and cloned - HURRAH'

Utter numpties.

'Sell benefits not features' :confused:

Chip and Pin? It's the Bill Hicks Marketing sketch? They are satan's spawn.....

If I can, I just use Cashback over the till at the Supermarket instead of an ATM. But that didn't stop me once walking off from a supermarket check out without actually taking the money I'd asked for. :eek:

·
Premium Member
42,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If I can, I just use Cashback over the till at the Supermarket instead of an ATM. But that didn't stop me once walking off from a supermarket check out without actually taking the money I'd asked for. :eek:
I did once walk away from a self service machine in the supermarket and only collect the coinage......and left the notes :cry:

why cant they design it to dispense all the money at the same point :rant: :lol:

·
Registered
12,405 Posts
Yeah that caught me out a few months ago. I couldn't figure out where the coins came from, I think it was to the right besides my knee. It seems those that designed the self service tills hadn't heard of ergonomics. If I was a kid or a dwarf or had my eyes and ears at waist height I may have figured out where the coins were coming from. Perhaps they need a flashing light and an audible alert shouting 'Your coins are here?'.

I needed assistance at the self service till at Tesco yesterday. When I said to the woman that 'I had problems with it last time too' she inferred that the problem must be me. I had some Tesco bonus points vouchers to use and bought the £1 bag Exquisa spuds to qualify and then failed to scan that Veggie voucher. :eek:

I wonder if the take up of self service tills at supermarkets could be increased if the best looking staff at that branch are assigned as assistants at the self service tills?

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
I wonder if the take up of self service tills at supermarkets could be increased if the best looking staff at that branch are assigned as assistants at the self service tills?
Excellent idea...I am sure it would work (with me anyway...)

·
Registered
12,405 Posts
Sorry. My fault. Slight lapse on my part.

Perhaps the best looking staff at the supermarkets could divide their time between the infuriatingly difficult service tills and the alcohol aisles?

·
Premium Member
42,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sorry. My fault. Slight lapse on my part.

Perhaps the best looking staff at the supermarkets could divide their time between the infuriatingly difficult service tills and the alcohol aisles?
stroke of genious ... straight back on topic :thumbs:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts