·
Registered
14,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This should be the final really

·
Registered
24,536 Posts
This is tough. It's like choosing which is better, man or woman (not in a pervy sense). The 156 is quite feminine to the 159's more masculine appearance.

It's also easy to think of all the shonky, badly maintained 156's on the roads and in the scrappers while the 159 is still pretty fresh. I had a 159 and loved it to bits so I'm feeling like a traitor going 156 now. Remembering what they look like when immaculate. More important, to me anyway, it must have been one of the most eagerly anticipated launches from when I first caught sight of the design leaks. It was so achingly gorgeous for a road car. It's the winner.

Reactions: Al Faromeo

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
Prefer the face of the 159 and the back end of the 156. Used to have a similar problem choosing girlfriends. (Or would have done if I ever had a choice).

You could argue the 156 is more meritorious because the 159 is descended from its design, but that's not really a consideration when choosing the best looking.

Voted 159.

·
Registered
13,685 Posts
Like the 156 immensely but the 159 it has to be. I've said before, probably the best looking front any car ever. In fact to memory the only other contender to front end beauty is any Charger fr0m 68-70. Nothing else.

On that point alone it has to win, regardless of this being an Alfa forum (I don't really care if the 156 loses :rofl:)

·
Administrator
45,622 Posts
If they'd made a 159 which was dynamically as good as the 156 GTA, I'd probably be in one now.

Despite having owner a 156 and never wanting a 159, I think I have to vote 159 - because if it was only on looks I very much would have wanted one.

·
Premium Member
77,379 Posts
one is genuine poetry, one is something that people who owned the poetry grew up into, and they can't relinquish the fact that the 156 was prettier

it's just stubbornness

·
Premium Member
77,379 Posts
If they'd made a 159 which was dynamically as good as the 156 GTA, I'd probably be in one now.

Despite having owner a 156 and never wanting a 159, I think I have to vote 159 - because if it was only on looks I very much would have wanted one.

wtf are you even talking about?:nutter:

·
Registered
14,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have found this really difficult. The front of the 159 is stunning. However, the rest of it is no more than a scaled up 156. If the 156 had never existed this whole thing would be a toss up between the XJ and the 159.

I remember the 156 launch and thinking it looked incredible. I still do. It's a bit of a cliche but I did always have a sneaky peek back at mine when I parked it. Even now I'd have another.

So the 156 just edges it.

Reactions: Al Faromeo

·
Administrator
45,622 Posts
wtf are you even talking about?:nutter:
I'll try again. Slowly for you.

I think the 159 looks even better than the 156.

But it never had an engine to match the looks.

If it had, I'd be driving one now.

But because it didn't, there was no 159 which felt like an upgrade on the GTA.

·
Premium Member
77,379 Posts
I'll try again. Slowly for you.

I think the 159 looks even better than the 156.

But it never had an engine to match the looks.

If it had, I'd be driving one now.

But because it didn't, there was no 159 which felt like an upgrade on the GTA.

oh, I understood your words... :bangheed:

·
Registered
24,536 Posts

·
Registered
13,685 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts