Votes: 7 58.3%
  • Citroen CX

Votes: 5 41.7%
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
15,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's the battle of Agincourt all over again.

·
Administrator
46,386 Posts

·
Registered
15,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If it's a tie I'm deciding.

·
Premium Member
77,410 Posts
Honestly, you're a bunch of useless gets. One design is iconic and unmistakeable Another is run of the mill, soon to be superceded by something vaguely similar (and probably a Mondeo).

:party:

·
Administrator
46,386 Posts
Oh yeah, it's iconic and unmistakable. It's absolutely unique.

It's not very good looking though...

And it's an estate...

Reactions: TheGrimJeeper

·
Registered
3,606 Posts
Oh yeah, it's iconic and unmistakable. It's absolutely unique.

It's not very good looking though...

And it's an estate...
Nothing wrong with an estate done properly... although it's usually called a Sportwagon

And no way I can vote for something that looks like the CX... aka most of what he said... up to the estate bit!

·
Registered
36,129 Posts
You’d vote for a default three-box instead? Ian Callum has his eye off the ball if he thinks the XE embodies the muscular attributes of a Jaguar. If his team had delivered a car with the muscular polishable qualites of his Aston cars they’d be everywhere in the company car parks.

·
Registered
15,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The Citroen is streamlined like a bullet and yet has masses of space even in standard wheelbase form. The Jag is tidy enough by modern standards but people have admitted that they can't tell the difference between it and an XF.

Was the CX estate called a CX estate estate?

·
Administrator
46,386 Posts
Nothing wrong with an estate done properly... although it's usually called a Sportwagon
Absolutely. I prefer an estate. I drive an estate.

But it's not a saloon. Which this vote is about.

I'm not particularly loving the XE either to be honest (although I do like the modern Jag front end). I just, while recognising the retro-space age pull of the CX, don't actually think that it's particularly good looking.

Reactions: AmicusPro
1 - 20 of 33 Posts