Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that the pissy autumn/winter/spring weather is in, I'm thinking of waxing the car to protect the paintwork.

I'm just wondering what the best available waxes are, and are there any to avoid ??

M

·
0 Posts
I use Mer or Autoglym products. They are dearer, but easier to use. They dry to a haze and polish off easily.

Marlon

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have Mer polish which dries to a haze. Does the wax do that too ?

M

·
0 Posts
Sorry, I'm confusing myself. I'm thinking of the polish but I've used these for years now and seem to protect the car for a few weeks at a time over the salty period. I basically re-apply the stuff when the little beads of water stop forming when the car is wet, if you know what I mean.

Sorry about that

Marlon

·
Banned
477 Posts
I use Autoglym polish plus the extra gloss top coat which is supposed to protect from UV light or something. I do know that my 155 looked spotless for nearly two months, and only needed a couple of washes with water only. Just want a bloody dryish weekend to do it again.

·
Registered
93 Posts
i must be the laziest owner on here as I generally only wash my car about 4 or 5 times a year and not usually between October and March, as a result the car spend alot of the year coated in pre salt dirt which I pretend protects against the outer layer of salt. Anyway the cars 8.5 years old 6.5 yrs in my ownership and it still comes up rust free and shining each summer with a cheap homebase washwax product. It could be the white paint though as this seems to not show marks or fade like other alfa colours.

N

·
0 Posts
Dont feel bad Nick, i am the same way, worse actually, the few times i try to put wax on.. it looks like ****!! I never seam to get the stuff off a 100%, i use something called Turtle wax, maybe its bad quality??

N

1 - 7 of 7 Posts