Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, can anybody reccommend a high quality wax to use on my new Alfa GT PLEASE.
I want to make sure it stays looking beautiful as long as possible, plus the best protection for the chrome grill thanks guys

·
Banned
3,532 Posts
It really depends on how much you are looking to spend and if you don't mind waxing her every few months?

So what's your budget :)

·
Registered
960 Posts
To be honest - I find the wax of the Turtle followed by a coat of the Gloss Guard from the same company is very good. :thumbs:

I have tried the essence of Dodo and badly spelt Macguire's, and even Autoglum :confused: , but they have not proved to be any better despite paying mucho deniro :(

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I would pay for the quality wax, I just want to look after her right, from the start . Turtle wax did come out on top in the auto express survey

·
Registered
134 Posts
I use Collinite 915, takes some putting on but when finished it lasts for ages, gives that deep look to your paintwork and makes washing extremely easy.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I can tell you what not to use...Zymol cleaner wax....I found it extremly hard to buff and then does not last long...maybe a 2-3 weeks in the winter tops.

It can be good for you though if you'r elooking to build some upper body strength :)

·
Registered
93 Posts
I use Collinite 915, takes some putting on but when finished it lasts for ages, gives that deep look to your paintwork and makes washing extremely easy.
What he said ^ :)

Last months if you wash the car with a decent car shampoo, traffic film remover and washing up liquid will strip it.
It might seem a bit expensive compared to turtle wax etc but you get a huge tin. I bought some two years ago and still got plenty left after use on my 3 car fleet :thumbs:

·
Banned
3,532 Posts
I can tell you what not to use...Zymol cleaner wax....I found it extremly hard to buff and then does not last long...maybe a 2-3 weeks in the winter tops.

It can be good for you though if you'r elooking to build some upper body strength :)
I concure don't buy this stuff, it is rather pants!! And it's not deisgned for winter protection as well ;)

·
Banned
3,532 Posts
What he said ^ :)

Last months if you wash the car with a decent car shampoo, traffic film remover and washing up liquid will strip it.
It might seem a bit expensive compared to turtle wax etc but you get a huge tin. I bought some two years ago and still got plenty left after use on my 3 car fleet :thumbs:
Or if you find 915 too much work go for the 845, top stuff that :thumbs:

Put to layers on the Cinq in November and not washed her since and she is still beading water like nothing else, when it rains next I will get some photo's :)

And to prep the paint to totally remove off old polish and crap use this!

CarLack 68 - Nano Systematic Care - Clean Your Car

·
Registered
124 Posts
If you want good protection long term look at sealents rather than a wax. Not as shiny but last around 4 - 6 months. Jetseal 109 is what I use and recommend. Easy to put on, leave 20 mins to bond to the paint and then take it off. Two coats will see you through a winter easily.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I have totally ignored all advice,well I hav'nt really,coz my lovely wife decided to treat me and bought an Autogym gift carry case for £42 which includes virtually everything

1 - 20 of 32 Posts