Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any help please, changed the radiator as original in poor state, lot of the fins had dissolved.
car has been running perfectly, however after fitting new rad and carefully bleeding everything, checking fans come on etc this all stationary,I run the car up the road and temp gauge drops below 50 it will not come up to normal unless i get into town i.e slow traffic??
any ideas, the model is fitted with air conn that all works fine thanks

·
Registered
9,204 Posts
Clogged rad has probably been masking the thermostat issue ...

check you haven't got an airlock either. When you refilled the rad, was the engine running with the pressure cap/filler cap off to release the air? They might be an airlock valve on the rad. Top left as you look from front of car .. they are often plastic so don't be too agressive with it!

·
Registered
30,081 Posts
100% thermostat.

Always worth fitting a new thermostat when you replace the rad (as I've said in EVERY ONE of these threads.... and there have been a lot!!)

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
Thermostat. very common. Just do a search

·
Registered
149 Posts
Any help please, changed the radiator as original in poor state, lot of the fins had dissolved.
car has been running perfectly, however after fitting new rad and carefully bleeding everything, checking fans come on etc this all stationary,I run the car up the road and temp gauge drops below 50 it will not come up to normal unless i get into town i.e slow traffic??
any ideas, the model is fitted with air conn that all works fine thanks
Yes thermostat , testing and troubleshooting + repairguide :

https://sites.google.com/site/alfaromeo156thermostat/

William lütken :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts