23,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

That's a cambelt change. :(

Oh wait, I have a warranty! :D

Thanks AA! :D

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
At least it didn't blow up your engine :thumbs: ... what cover do you have with the AA?

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
did you car not have the cam belt done by the previous owner? Is the pump actually leaking, or is it making a strange sound?

Will the AA cover all the cost of the cam belt change as well? As you know - not long had mine done because of the water pump! Another trip to see Ned ? Who will make sure that the job is done to 1st class standard it should always be done by.

·
Registered
Giulia Quad, Cayman GT4, Cayenne Turbo
23,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cant get the car into Ned as he's too busy this week. :cry:

It's with Clovertech though. Great Guys there.

My AA prestige warranty covers all parts and labour at £36.50 an hour. I have to pay the remainder. (Which isnt much)
I started to overheat on the motorway, when over 3000 rpm. Just watched the needle rise to over 110 (its never been that high!)

Pressure tested the coolant tank and sure enough it wasnt creating any pressure. AA guy confirmed this was the case too. Although I was 99% certain this was the issue.

I knew it was going to fail at some point so wanted to wait to claim on the warranty. :)

No car for the week now though.

:cry:

·
Registered
580 Posts
Cant get the car into Ned as he's too busy this week. :cry:

It's with Clovertech though. Great Guys there.

My AA prestige warranty covers all parts and labour at £36.50 an hour. I have to pay the remainder. (Which isnt much)
I started to overheat on the motorway, when over 3000 rpm. Just watched the needle rise to over 110 (its never been that high!)

Pressure tested the coolant tank and sure enough it wasnt creating any pressure. AA guy confirmed this was the case too. Although I was 99% certain this was the issue.

I knew it was going to fail at some point so wanted to wait to claim on the warranty. :)

No car for the week now though.

:cry:

Is it the plastic waterpump you have in there? when was the last cambelt change?

·
Registered
23,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cambelt was changed last november by the previous owner. And yes, they didnt do the water pump. :(

·
Registered
23,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They are being arsey at the moment though. Warranty company wont pay for everything. :mad:

Have to battle it out with them in the morning.

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
You still trying to sell it Joe? :(

·
Registered
23,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
B*gger. Sorry to hear that mate - guess I won't see you on the bridge this week then....

Is that Clovertech in Wantz Road ? I took my old V6 in there last year for a service - good job and good labour rates !
Yup I know Lloyd very well. :)

·
Registered
23,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You get 10% if you are a club member. :)

No courtesy cars though. :(

F

·
0 Posts
That's a bummer but at least no major damage. Still a non-trivial thing to sort out, hope you get it covered by the warranty. Does this mean you have to sell it? Can't be helping your cash flow....

Cheers,

Nigel

·
Vendor
46,000 Posts
Sounds a pain about the warranty.. If they do decide to pay, will they just stick another plastic one in?

·
Registered
23,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
They are being a pain. but are covering 50% off the cost. I'm going to have to pay for the new belts..

All in it's costing me about £250 and the warranty company £200.

PS it's the metal pump off the GTV being fitted.

·
Regional Support, For Lincolnshire - AOL
16,355 Posts
They are being a pain. but are covering 50% off the cost. I'm going to have to pay for the new belts..

All in it's costing me about £250 and the warranty company £200.

PS it's the metal pump off the GTV being fitted.
:( Sorry to hear about the pump failure but at least you're not having to pay for everything.

Does raise an interesting point about the AA cover though as much discussed earlier this year. As I recall the consensus was that the AA would cover everything, seemingly not. Presume that you're still glad you have it though ?

·
Registered
23,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
:( Sorry to hear about the pump failure but at least you're not having to pay for everything.

Does raise an interesting point about the AA cover though as much discussed earlier this year. As I recall the consensus was that the AA would cover everything, seemingly not. Presume that you're still glad you have it though ?
Well that's the weird thing. It depends how you approach them for the claim. I have to say I was surprised when they told me. (and annoyed)

I said, ok I'll just put the old belts on then when they snap you can pick up the bill.

·
16,355 Posts
Well that's the weird thing. It depends how you approach them for the claim. I have to say I was surprised when they told me. (and annoyed)

I said, ok I'll just put the old belts on then when they snap you can pick up the bill.
:eek: I like the revenge idea in this ! :cool: Don't fancy being behind the wheel when they snap at 80mph on the motorway though !

·
Registered
23,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
:eek: I like the revenge idea in this ! :cool: Don't fancy being behind the wheel when they snap at 80mph on the motorway though !
No I agree, well to have the new ones put in for £38 its not worth making a big deal about.

·
16,355 Posts
No I agree, well to have the new ones put in for £38 its not worth making a big deal about.
:( So cheap and yet the consequence of failure.......... What's the quote ? Something like " for the lack of a nail the war was lost. " Very appropriate, bring back Two Strokes ! :lol:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts