Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

currently stripping a v6 ready to go into a kitcar. The one I have is from a 1993 164.

The return pipe from the radiator (bottom hose) goes up to a metal pipe at the back (gearbox end) of the engine, and runs between the heads, all the way along to the water pump at the front of the engine. The top hose to the radiator comes straight out of the pump at the front of the engine.

Now in the manual I have (from Alfa 164 ClubRegister ::) shows a completely different arrangement, where both radiator pipes come out of the front of the engine).

So....does anyone know roughly when this changed? Is my arrangement the older one? (I'm guessing it is). Because it would suit me far better if I could have both radiator hoses comming from the front of the block, as I'm fitting the engine longditudinally.

M

·
0 Posts
Even the earliest 164 24V engines are the way you have yours. The manual you are looking at is for a 12V engine that stopped late 1992/1993 (apart from some non-UK markets).

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ahhh...I hadn't read to the bit where it mentioned how many valves it was for :rolleyes: That'll teach me to make assumptions!

Cheers mate, that's very useful.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts