Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one used H2O/Methanol injection in a turbo diesel here and care to share their findings positive or negative??
I have been researching some kits that claim small hp/torque increases, lower exhaust gas temperatures and lower particle emission which sound good for the DPF life?
Boost Cooler Aquamist-Systems
all sounds too good to be true.

D

·
0 Posts
I know a guy in IReland is using water injection on his RX-7 but I am not sure how it works out for him. But you will get some good gains:D

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmm just a few more horses to top 200 whp would be nice, especially if it is beneficial to the engine, cheers Damien :cool:

D

·
0 Posts
8bhp should be easily obtained. Maybe start with something like a new filter as turbos love less restriction on the inlet side.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
I use water meth inj.

A chap had a vectra 150bhp 1.9 ctdi - you know the engine - the dyno proved 20bhp increase whn running pure mth.

best to run 50/50, I often run 75%meth.

It can make the turbo spool loads quicker, if you inject at full throttle 7psi.
Its all about how you wire it up.

I have not proven this yet - as my car is off the road and in no hurry to get back on it - it may cause overboost probs, as that much eth is a fuel in itself which causes the turbo to spin faster (more fuel going through the engine), as I say, I have not proven this either way yet.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
8bhp should be easily obtained. Maybe start with something like a new filter as turbos love less restriction on the inlet side.
...yes I have replaced the stock filter with a K&N but not altered the inlet pipework.:)

I use water meth inj.

A chap had a vectra 150bhp 1.9 ctdi - you know the engine - the dyno proved 20bhp increase whn running pure mth.

best to run 50/50, I often run 75%meth.

It can make the turbo spool loads quicker, if you inject at full throttle 7psi.
Its all about how you wire it up.

I have not proven this yet - as my car is off the road and in no hurry to get back on it - it may cause overboost probs, as that much eth is a fuel in itself which causes the turbo to spin faster (more fuel going through the engine), as I say, I have not proven this either way yet.
ok all sounds very positive thanks.:)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Sorry for the old thread bump, but i stumbled across this thread and wondered if anyone had actually gone ahead and tried this on their Alfa?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts