Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys my car is black so after I wash it you can see water marks after it drys so I was wondering what would be best to stop that would I have to dry it before the sun drys the water ?

Also what products are best to get a good shine on it ?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I used to have a black car and the sun does dry water marks very quickly onto it!

Just simply dry it straight away with a microfibre drying towel (preferable not a chamois as these tend to scratch the paint).

Also when it is really hot, clean one side of the car, then rinse, then do the other side as it the shampoo drying that tends to leave the water marks.

Autoglym super resin polish with a polishing machine is a good combination for a good shine!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I used to have a black car and the sun does dry water marks very quickly onto it!

Just simply dry it straight away with a microfibre drying towel (preferable not a chamois as these tend to scratch the paint).

Also when it is really hot, clean one side of the car, then rinse, then do the other side as it the shampoo drying that tends to leave the water marks.

Autoglym super resin polish with a polishing machine is a good combination for a good shine!
This is the sort of results I could get from the polish I just stated :thumbup:
Nice work :thumbup:

The REAPER Super Plush Drying Towel - New HELLSHINE range was looking at getting this towel would that be any good?

My boss used uber wax on his black car and that had amazing results but i'll give that autoglym a go :)

cheers.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Towel looks good!

Sorry I didn't mention it, but its always best to put a wax on top of your polish which helps the shine to last longer. So maybe the autoglym followed by the uber wax could be a good combo.

·
Administrator
86,623 Posts
Get yourself a Microfiber Madness Dry Me Crazy towel Microfiber Madness Dry Me Crazy - Detailing Shed ( other suppliers are available ;) )

That's what I use & it's an excellent product, it should dry two cars without needing to be wrung out, & because it's white there's no issues with colour run :thumbs:

·
Registered
73 Posts
I feel your pain, it doesnt help matters being in a hard water area i'm sure. I always use a chamois leather (old school I know!) after rinsing to try the car as quick as possible before it drying. If the sun is out I usually have to resort to using some detail spray, and i find this removes drops of water quite well before the polishing/waxing.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
I'm in a hard water area - nightmare.

Always wash my cars in the rain - neighbours think I'm daft but never ever need to dry them - the softest water in the world comes from mother nature (Cheynoble excepted) (yes I'm getting on a bit).

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
I'm in a hard water area - nightmare.

Always wash my cars in the rain - neighbours think I'm daft but never ever need to dry them - the softest water in the world comes from mother nature (Cheynoble excepted) (yes I'm getting on a bit).

1 - 18 of 18 Posts