Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I've recently had my GTV go through its MOT. I've got it back home and it now seems to have developed a water leak!

I think I saw it dripping from around the lower wishbone on the front passenger side. I've placed a lunchbox underneath and it's catching some clear liquid.

I've no idea where this is coming from? It's not coolant and I don't think it's washer fluid.
Anyone with any ideas would be much appreciated!!

·
Registered
436 Posts
Did you have your air con on? It may just be condensation forming on the cold parts of the system and dripping down. Quite often see a puddle under my cars when air con has been on, apart from my spider at the moment as it's not working!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I haven't used the car for about 5 days so I wouldn't have thought so. Can't tell if it's still dripping or if it was just dripping after being switched off

·
Registered
436 Posts
Well I haven't used the car for about 5 days so I wouldn't have thought so. Can't tell if it's still dripping or if it was just dripping after being switched off
Maybe not this then as condensation water would only drip down just after switching off.

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
It could be the washer container or the washer pump, which is located at the base of the container. Remove the black plastic cover from over that side and you can see the pump. This happened to me, the pump had sprung a leak, so replaced it for about £8.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts