Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

i bought a 2017 QF 6 weeks ago and am absolutely loving the car. However, driving home yesterday my left foot ended up wet through. Looks like a leak dripping into the drivers side footwell, just above the footrest. I’ve done a bit of searching and found some people have had a similar problem with leaks into the passenger footwell caused by the AC system.

Anyone had a problem drivers side before?

Also, who would you recommend to undertake the investigation? (I live in Dudley, West Midlands).

Thanks in advance

Kev

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So, when this first happened it was raining heavily. The problem seemed to have gone away until today, when once again, it was raining heavily. I’ll hav a good look once it’s stopped raining.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
I think I read something on the US forum about a similar issue in heavy rain due to the HVAC air vent or something similar that is supposed to seal off external water but leaking in. Where is the water dripping from?

EDIT; found the post. It seems the sealed bulkhead and fresh air inlet in the firewall was leaking.

See posts #13 and 21.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
It could be from the fresh air vent (see my edited post above with link to the US forum topic) rather than the AC evaporator drain. If your AC was off then its definitely not the cause, also a way to test would be to drive in the rain without AC but fan running with recirculation off. If you still get a leak then its likely the fresh air vent.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts