Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ser 3 16v with no sunroof.
I am getting water drip on my feet whilst driving sometimes and when breaking its worse, there is also water in the passenger tidyaway underneath the glove compartment.
I have removed both window scuttles and checked the drain holes.
Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Hi Al,
The source might be in the intermediate bulkhead area.
In case of the water catch at the left and right bottom corner of the windshield
is rotten through and/or the drainage is cracked or leaks, that allows rainwater to pass into the
intermediate bulkhead area below. From there the water may finds the way inside
around the heater box and the pedal box (despite the bulkhead area also do have drain holes).
If the drainage is clogged at the bottom of the water catch, water will appear around the
wheel well side of the passenger compartment through the side went duct pipes.

My other idea would be water ingress into the heater box.
As the bottom section of the box fills up, the water will escape through the footwell area vents.
Non-A/C heater boxes doesn't have drain at the bottom.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can only see the large drain holes in the scuttle, they are about 1.5" in diameter and are connected via a rubber tube, is this what you mean?

·
Registered
5,454 Posts
I once had that after a new windscreen was fitted to my Sportwagon. The fitter didn't realise that the seal is, in fact, a double seal. One for the glass and then another but lower one that goes over a lower seam. Perhaps it has become dislodged or perished. Drain holes will be easier go inspect though!

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I cant see anything,
(despite the bulkhead area also do have drain holes).
I can't see anywhere else it could be coming from, its collecting somewhere because even after it has stopped raining if i brake hard sometimes water drips on my legs. need to investigate

·
Registered
9 Posts
Check above your brake pedal, I had a M/cyl & servo leak on me once, kept getting my feet wet till I realized it was brake fluid.
You say it's leaking in both footwells?
Surely you must be able to see the water trail?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts