Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone

I joined the Alfa club back in November when I took delivery of my Alfa Red 1.4MA. So far I am loving it (and it is just such a difference to my last car. What was that car you ask. Well if you promise not to laugh it was a one litre Toyota Yaris. Great car in some respects, but that's for another time).

I've had no cause to look in the spare wheel well before, but a few days ago I thought I would. You know just because it's there, and I can. What did I find? It was full of water (okay that's an exaggeration there was about an inch of water in there).

I mopped it all out, took out the spare wheel and dried that and put it all back together. I had a look again today and there's water again.

It's booked into the dealer for Wednesday, but I thought I would ask whether anyone has any thoughts on this and whether this is a common problem.

There's nowhere obvious to me where it would drain out, so I assume it's not meant to be there in the first place. But also I can't see where it's getting in. Any ideas of where to look or what to do?

·
Registered
34,429 Posts
Mine leaked through the lamps into the tailgate, which made it quite dramatic when opening the boot!Fixed second attempt by replacing the lamp units on the tailgate .This meant the water stayed the other side of the seal. Is the boot floor damp or is it coming from below?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts