Alfa Romeo Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Perhaps the grommet on the scuttle drain.
I tore out the carpet and part of the foam under the stearing and found water dripping from the outer upper side where the A pillar meets tre doors. Problem is i cant figure out how it gets there, i removed the left side of the car and the plastic covers above the hood. Got me all confuses. Guess the next step is taking out the windscrean and refitting. :(

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Get someone to hose the outside of the car around where the problem areas are, start low with the scuttle and work your way up the A pillar, sit in the car as it's done until you see the water starting to come in. Screen removal at this stage can't be ideal!

Guy

·
Registered
4 Posts
Got to the point where i found the dripping. Its dripping from the top where the A pillar meets the fender. The problem is that the spot that is wet is a good 5cm from the actual bonnet/fender/pillar of the car where i can detect the leak from the outside. I've narrowed it down to the driver corner where the bonnet, fender and windscreen join together.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Good Morning Simon, I've had to do the same thing...and it's a bit of a PITA but not a complete nightmare..

Anyway, what you need to do is disconnect the battery for 10 minutes (i leave it 15-20 to be sure) and then follow these instructions..

1. seat removal
2. front tunnel side bits
3.running boards

Only other things to note..are, be careful the fuel pump switch is in the passenger floor, so don't tread on it
These seem to be expired. Can I have new links by any chance ?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Got to the point where i found the dripping. Its dripping from the top where the A pillar meets the fender. The problem is that the spot that is wet is a good 5cm from the actual bonnet/fender/pillar of the car where i can detect the leak from the outside. I've narrowed it down to the driver corner where the bonnet, fender and windscreen join together.
I am afraid I have the same exact problem, water ingress somewhere on A pillar. Have you resolved this? If you removed fender and everything, you must have seen something, or not? Tnx!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am afraid I have the same exact problem, water ingress somewhere on A pillar. Have you resolved this? If you removed fender and everything, you must have seen something, or not? Tnx!
Hi, did anyone found fix for this? So left hand drive, water coming from left A pillar, wetting only drivers carpet for now... I already cleaned drains for water scuttle, checked door seals, and also air con connection. After rain last night i got fresh water stream on wall left from drivers legs, and it looks like it is coming from above, where A pillar is.
Thanks

21 - 26 of 26 Posts