Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I've noticed that water has got into one of my front indicators.... well, it's in the lower section of the front indicator that doesn't actually have a function.

Does anyone have any DIY advice on removing this & preventing any future build of water?

Oh - and my reverse light is misting up too - any advice on clearing that up too? I'd rather not have to pay the dealers to do either of the above jobs.

Thanks!
;)

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
One of my front indicators has been like that too since I got my car last July. Not a big puddle as such, just condensation. Haven't ever tried fixing it - probably just the seal needs looking at, but I'll watch this thread for fellow alfisti who know how to fix the problem.

·
Premium Member
2,701 Posts
I noticed that one of mine was cracked so I replaced it. £8 ish on eBay.

They have breather holes in them to allow for expansion/contraction of the air inside, so they are not designed to be waterproof. Excessive moisture does seem to point at a crack or failed seal, particularly as the breather holes are behind the lamps and therefore not likely to be affected by heavy rain.

The problem with indicators is that, unlike other lamps, they are never on long enough to heat up the lens & housing sufficiently to remove the extra moisture. However, this also means that they shouldn't be drawing excess moisture back in to the lens housing when they cool down!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ya there's definately water getting in somewhere in the front indicator - it's built up a bit at the bottom corner of the fitting - not a lot but enough to see if you look up close.

·
Premium Member
2,701 Posts
I've just checked and it cost me £11.39 inc p+p. Not sure the Seller has any at the moment but they weren't much more expensive from other places on the ebay and the net.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts