Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have a 2008 Alfa GT (blackine petrol JTS 2.0l).

I recently had to remove the plastic water jacket that sits above the exhaust outlet manifold. Unfortunately the top left bolt sheered off in the process.

What I need to find out is where I can get a replacement bolt. It has a 10 mm hex head and the main bolt is 6mm in diameter and it is approximately 7cm long (only the end of the bolt is threaded).

Any help greatly appreciated....

By the way I live in the UK, so ideally would like to source one locally.

Thanks in advance Dean!

·
Registered
30,222 Posts
It is listed in ePER as an M6x75mm bolt.
OEM p/n is 14303924

Looks like Ferrari & Maserati list the same p/n as M6x70mm though... maybe the same part, but may not be...!

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
The easy way is eBay. You may have to buy 2 or 5, you may have to buy stainless. Search for 'M6 70mm hex head part threaded bolt'. Add 'flanged', too, if it is the one I think.

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
You might get lucky in the bolts and screws section of your local DIY store, but they may not have the correct length. Easier to go to the nearest fastening supplies store and they will definitely be able to help. M6 x 70 or M6 x 75, get both if you can. Will be pennies each.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for the replies... Unfortunately the plot thickens as we now have a snapped off Easy Out stud removal tool jammed in there too... Given the location of the whole, I have no idea at this point in time how to deal with this other than removing the head and having it sent away...

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
Ouch - easyouts are usually more trouble than they're worth in my experience. Better to just drill out and re-tap or helicoil if necessary.

Do you have a good local mechanic or engineering shop who can deal with this sort of thing?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts