Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Hey thanks Sporto...well done and top marks.

**Edit**

Oh...its the WHOLE episode. NICE! Shoot the messenger, I dont think so...more like beer and jerky, yeehar!

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
That could have been worse. They did just rip off the original show but with less-interesting presenters, and they did basically use a drag race to pick the best Lamborghini (?), but at least they mostly avoided the US show hype-over-content syndrome - "If you've just tuned in, we've finally finished recapping last week. And coming up next - we tell you when we'll tell you what's coming up!":lol:

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
I was under the impression that the USA version was having some input from the UK production team..

It's at least got Sniff Petrol's input (Twitter) :)

A

·
0 Posts
Im not going to critique it just yet...nevertheless, I am let down by it so far. However I think they need a bit of time to grow into their roles and have more of an input to the shows content as the show progresses, so lets see more episodes over bit more time then have out the nails and open lid coffins.

·
Registered
11,827 Posts
I was under the impression that the USA version was having some input from the UK production team..

It's at least got Sniff Petrol's input (Twitter) :)
Richard Porter (the guy behind the Sniff Petrol website) is also the Script Editor for Top Gear UK and the chap who writes the Top Gear annuals.

So, in a way, it does have Top Gear's input. :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
From what they showed at the begining of that ep, some of the things they are doing i.e. filling the car up with water while the presenter wears scuba gear and the helicopter, are copies of TG UK. Not watched the whole ep yet though but will later this week.

·
Registered
458 Posts
i actually did not mind it,< although the challenges do seem like copies, which is disappointing..

lambo part was awesome< 3 great cars

tanner foust is a top Drifter from the US D1 series, so there will definitely be A LOT of sideways action going on!

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Richard Porter (the guy behind the Sniff Petrol website) is also the Script Editor for Top Gear UK and the chap who writes the Top Gear annuals.

So, in a way, it does have Top Gear's input. :thumbs:
Yes, that's what I meant :)

I couldn't find the full credits of the new US series to check who else is involved though.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts