Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had the Mito in for warranty claim today due to intermittent ticking noise when heater fan in use. They've told me there were leaves in there which is a common problem they say, apparently they get in via the scuttle below the windscreen.
I don't park under or near any trees so not sure how this has happened on a 6mth old car? They told me Vauxhall are notorious for this especially the corsa, we've owned 3 corsas and never had any issues with them.

Also asked for paint work check as got a few stone chips on the bonnet above the Alfa badge, 2k miles done I don't think this should have happened so soon and strange all in the same place. They've told me dealer don't cover paint work I need to go to Alfa directly.

·
Registered
9,338 Posts
Alfa aren't likely to do anything about the paint .. they only cover rusting from inside out! It's the soft water based [email protected] they use now ..

I can't see how the leaves get in either ... well I can as there is just a large opening for the fresh air under the scuttle and plenty of gaps at the sides, but there is also a large pollen filter in the way .. so unless there is another way past that, I don't see how leaves get in ..

I've just fixed the resistor on ours as it kept failing .. took the fan motor out and removed the remains of a leaf and also cleaned up the RUST on the bearing area and gave it a good spray with silicon grease .. RUST??? WTF???

They are the same fan systems as Puntos, Corsas, Zafiras, etc .. the one on the news for setting the car on fire!!! The one Vauxhall claim is not their problem but people bodging the fan resistor ... mmmmmm ..... :paranoid:

·
Registered
328 Posts
The dealers will do paint under warranty, I'm on my second red mito and Ive had both re-sprayed under warranty by the Dealer due to stone chips.

The latest one is a 2015 QV line and I had the bonnet, wings and rear arches done at 9k because the paint was coming off in big flakes where it had been hit by stones.

·
Registered
247 Posts
The leaves go straight down the intake 'hopper' to the fan in passenger footwell. If a microwave pudding pot used as a strut top bearing water protector can get from o/s strut top, across the car, and down into the fan to be chopped up, then leaves can too! The pollen filter is fitted after the fan, in the pressurised airstream. After cleaning it all out, still no problems with fan or resistor pack.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts