Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

I may be unique in this case but curious if anyone else had climate control issues and how long it took to resolve.... My story is not a nice one.... Alfa Romeo Giulietta 1.6 JTDM Lusso - 2011.

Had my bad luck in faults in 6 months of owner ship (Rear wiper, and Gear box sensor- both fixed). However my main issue has been the climate control - what I thought would be a quick fix has taken almost 3 months to resolve - crazy!!!

The symptoms were cold air blowing from one side regardless of temp (passenger side)... I have warranty luckily with Auto-guard and they are covering this as well as covered the above previous issues... So its not cost me anything which is the only good news!!

Warranty company took decision to replace entire Climate control unit (Part 50509556) - as anything else was deemed false economy... Not a problem I thought as better to have a entire unit replaced then have another problem 3 months later..... However what I did not know at the time is this was not a on-the-shelf part! - it took from early November to 1st week of January for Alfa Romeo to finally ship the part to the dealers! - all the time my car was in the garage with dash in bits!! - I had to even open a case with AR direct to expedite it... apparently they have no parts tracking for delivery - and at one point it seemed part was lost in transit!!!

So part arrives and I think... finally I get my car back!!! - well I have just been told it is a huge job and they have even had to take the doors off... quite what is involved I don't know but I am looking at end of the week now..... Garages words were something on the line of it was a nightmare job!!

So marathon is almost at a end and I (Hopefully) - will have my long missed car back (had a loan car throughout - although old ones! - has done the job!!) - but I will be really glad when I get it back as it has been missed big time!!! - wife said it felt like we had lost the car for good!!!

I am hoping this all has been a run of bad luck and when I get the car back I will have years of mostly fault free motoring but time will tell... I would loose too much money if I sold it now and who's to say if I brought another that I would not be back where I started - even new cars can have problems! - and I love the car anyway - despite its faults..

So has anyone else had a similar nightmare - or anyone had experiences of having complete climate control unit replaced!!?

Thanks, Matt

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
I had the same issue (but mine was blowing hot all the time) - I've read it's common for Fiat (Giulietta as well as Bravo AFAIR), but the solution was to change some small engines for steering flaps, that costed me like 40 quid or so... I does require dismanting the dashboard, but has nothing to do with the doors.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Yes it is a nightmare of a job. If you follow Alfa's working instruction then you need to take the doors off to access a couple of bolts but its then a nightmare to align the doors again. Have seen/been a part of 2 getting done when I worked at Alfa, second time didnt take the doors off and figured out how to get the bolts out a different way.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts