Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone give me a part number for 156 windscreen washer jets please? I've searched here and I can't get into ePER for some reason. None of the usual sources seem to be listing them any more. Would be grateful for your help.

·
Registered
30,252 Posts

G

·
Alfa dealer - they are only ~£3 each.

If you can't get to a dealer PM Donalds Alfa - he should be able to post them out to you.

·
Registered
5,621 Posts
ok, shall have to try a dealer then, thanks, is there any chance Sunwin Fiat would have the parts as according to my service history apart from last year that's where teh car has been serviced, and if my research is correct i believe alfa are owned by Fiat are they not?

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got mine from local Fiat/Alfa dealer yesterday. £6.74 inc. VAT. Fitted them last night after blowing out the pipes to get lots of bubbling in the reservoir, but big disappointment! N/S spray not too bad but O/S hopeless, just a dribble on the scuttle. Took both off again to see what came out of pipes. Operated pump to see N/S reasonable flow and after say 30 seconds a bit coming out of O/S pipe. Looks as if the pump is not very well? Trying the blocking up of outer holes in one of the old jets (suggested on here) today and trying that in the O/S to see if there is any improvement.

G

·
Is there any puddling under the car?
If so, it may be a pipe on the 't-piece' is loose or the non-return valve is faulty / leaking

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No puddling Oofo but to my surprise not too bad a spray from both sides today. Bit low and the jets won't adjust up any more, so I do suspect the pump. Mention of a non return valve is a bit worrying as I blew the pipes out and got plenty of air bubbling into the reservoir! I can't even see the reservoir so is it very difficult to get to the pump please?

·
Registered
5,621 Posts
by the way is it just me or does anyone else find when the wipers are in the rest position the washers hit the wipers and not the screen, once the wipres move have good powerfuly jets some of which make it to the back window too lol,

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well yes Danny up to a point. The spray hits the wipers at rest, but I would be delighted if there was enough pressure to spray over the roof!

·
Registered
272 Posts
Yeah my jets don't fully clear the o/s wiper, but they are not too bad on the n/s. I make sure the wipers are on before using the washer, then that way most of it gets on the screen! I will have to investigate and look for puddles.

·
Registered
5,621 Posts
lol, i wonder what genius came up with that design then, it would appear Alfa dropped the ball a little when it came to the washers

G

·
No puddling Oofo but to my surprise not too bad a spray from both sides today. Bit low and the jets won't adjust up any more, so I do suspect the pump. Mention of a non return valve is a bit worrying as I blew the pipes out and got plenty of air bubbling into the reservoir! I can't even see the reservoir so is it very difficult to get to the pump please?
The non return valve is integral to the t-piece & the pump is toward the bottom of the washer bottle

1 - 14 of 14 Posts