Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why does my washer bottle light stay on?
I have topped it up with water even tried diconecting the thing but it still stys on.
How can i get to the row of bulbs above the ash tray so i can take the bulb out.
Any suggestions please as it is keeping me awake when the wife kicks me out because she thinks i love my Alfa more than her
And guess what for the first time she is right :-D

Cheers
Ted

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ted,
You may find that the float has become waterlogged and sunk. I've fixed this in the past by cutting it off and sticking a cork on the end :eek:

Disconecting it dosent work. What you have to do is link the two wires together. This should stop the light from coming on. If not you may have a broken wire somewhere. You cant take the bulb out, its an LED.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Colin,
i think i will try the joining of the wires in the morning .

Thanks again
Ted

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Perhaps it will help the joining of you and the other half too wink

wrinx

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Could well be just a bad connection. There's a connector for the level sender just in front of the tank, and it gets sprayed by the wheel. Push the connectors in and out a few times, and spray with wax, grease or whatever, to stop them corroding. Helped in my case.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorted it.
I disconnected it and briged the connections and the light stayed on.So then I tried bridging the connections and then unbridge it and leave disconnected unplugged ,this seemed to reset something and now the light stays off all the time.
Happy Days

Cheers

Ted

·
Registered
106 Posts
Before getting kicked out: Do like I did...make your wife a sister in arms and buy her an Alfa, too. Rather expensive but fully satisfying solution...

cheers

amir

1 - 7 of 7 Posts