Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
NOW I REALLY KNOW THAT THE GHOST OF JOE LUCAS EXISTS!
DO YOU REMEMBER AT MAY BEGINING THAT THE FUEL LEVEL GAUGE WAS GOING FROM EMPTY TO FULL WHEN SHE WANTS ?
WELL SHE DID IT TO ME ONE OR TWO DAYS A WEEK, SO I REALLY COULN´T KNOW WHY.
WELL, THE NOTICE IS THAT TODAY THE FUEL LEVEL SENDER IN THE TANK IS DEAD!!!
BAD NEWS TO ME BECAUSE THIS DONN´T EXISTS LIKE SPARE IN MY COUNTRY.
SO RALF S. WAS RIGHT, HE EXISTS !
AND SO MARLON AND DAVID LEAR AND CHRIS AND PAUL C. AND EL GRINGO ITALIAN ELECTRICS ARE VERY BAD.
REGARDS
JORGE

M

·
0 Posts
Bad electrics is what owning old Alfas is all about isn't it ???
wink

Marlon

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
el gringo got it !!! wink

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
Hey Jorge! You found the CAPS LOCK :D :D :D

What are you going to do? Do you need a part sending to you?

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
HI CHRIS !

I´M UNDERSTANDING WELL, YOU HAVE AN EXTRA 60809751 SENDER FUEL TANK LEVEL IN YOUR STOCK OR IS MY POOR ENGLISH AND I UNDERSTOOD ANYTHING?

REGARDS
JORGE :)

W

·
0 Posts
Jorge

Think Chris has kindly offered to buy the part for you and send it, then you send the payment+ cost of postage to your country to him. Dunno if you are an AROC member Chris, but I can get 10% discount if it has to be a main dealer part. May be available in the aftermarket though???

Also, using CAPITALS is considered to mean you are shouting at people..............but you do live a long way from us wink :D

Hope you sort it out :D

wrinx

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
Thanks Wrinx.
I`m not an AROC member (he shouted) but do get 10% reduction from the dealer as I complain vociferously until they give in :)

Jorge,
I dont have the part but am offering to get it to you if you are stuck. We have talked before about money orders and that works fine for me. let me know if you need help.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
WELL, WELL, NOW I UNDERSTAND PERFECTLY.
THANKS VERY MUCH CHRIS.
DO YOU THINK THAT YOU CAN MAKE A PAIR OF CALLS TO KNOW HOW MUCH THE SPARE COSTS AND HOW MUCH COULD BE THE POSTAGE ?
IF YOU CAN DO IT WITHOUT EFFORT TO YOU I WILL THANK IT VERY MUCH.
I ASKED ALSO IN ARGENTINA THAT OFTEN HAS MANY SPARES BUT THEY DIDN´´T ANSWER ME.
I THINK THAT THEY ARE SELLING VERY MUCH !!!
REGARDS
JORGE wink

J

·
0 Posts
Hi, Jorge!

Our friends are trying to help, but there is an item missing in your answer....when they talk about CAP LOCKS they mean (sorry for spelling in Spanish, chaps!).."por favor, agradecemos no uses MAYUSCULAS por que lo toman como un grito en el lenguaje de internet".

Just my two cents.

cheers

Juan

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thank you Juan, it´s new for me!
Regards
Jorge

J

·
0 Posts
No problem, Jorge.

Hope you are doing fine....in spite of the bloody 'corralito' that we have exported into your country.

All the best

Juan

PS: Regards from Sebastian as well!

J

·
0 Posts
Hallo there Jorge,
I am just interested to know why there are no spares in your country for the 155. Was it ever sold officially by Alfa Romeo in Uruguay?

Cheers
Jacques

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hi Juan, yes the finantial situation is really bad.

jacques, hi!
It´s a large history but to do it short, the oficial distributor always does the same thing, brings a new model 1 or 2 years, the minimun necessary spares and then you can wait 3 or 4 years to appear other model and another time the same circle.
In the meantime they are very busy selling Fiat Uno or Vans and when you try to buy any spare they wash their hands!
So we have to get the spares from Argentina but postage is not easy.
This is too short, but is the main problem!
cheers
Jorge :mad:

J

·
0 Posts
Hi there Jorge,
That is indeed a sorry state of affairs! Not good for brand loyalty. Best of luck.
We had an Alfa Romeo factory here untill 1985. We now have difficulty obtaining certain parts for the older cars. The importers just aren't interested to bring in stuff like body panels, trim, etc. Only mechanical stuff. Very frustrating, I know how you must feel.
At least we don't have any problems with the 155 spares yet.

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
Hi Jorge,

If you are sure that is the correct part number (and it does llook correct) then the cost is £35.12 for the part and the postage will be about £5.00 but it is difficult to say because I do not know the exact weight. £5.00 is enough for 500gm.

It will take 2 weekdays to order and 5-7 days by small packet airmail.

I think we are talking about approximately £40 (PYG 365,264 - USD 61.20) plus the money order charge to you to send me the money and two weeks to deliver. Is it worth this for you?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts