Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
7,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That the board was down for all day yesterday? Don't seem to have seen anyone mentioning it. It seems to be happening quite a lot recently.

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
Re: Was it just me

No, its wasn't just you I'm afraid :(

·
Super Moderator
114,698 Posts

I think the site went down two days ago for 12-18 hours, then was up for a few hours and down again for another 12+ hours.

Alfaowner is working on an upgrade, so please hang in here for a while :)

·
Administrator
8,045 Posts

The problem is the CPU reaches 600% and shuts down, within the month we will be announcing a change to our set up to allow us to continue our growth and most importantly our server reliability.

Thanks for sticking with us.

Regards,

Ian

·
Registered
7,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Nor me. I do appreciate the forums, so don't want to appear like I'm complaining. If you're paying for this service though, I wouldn't be happy!

·
Registered
45,472 Posts

As a little aside... I'm not using my regular link or laptop at the mo... quoted text appears to be formatted strange and also smileys aren't animating :confused:

Just me? :confused:

·
Registered
45,472 Posts

BigFoot said:
Just you kurzy ;)

Yep! :p

Back on me olde machine and all looks well ;)

·
Registered
245 Posts

Should there be a contact email address to report problems to if the site is down?

Just a thought!!

Great site by the way, keep up the good work.

Rob

·
Registered
45,472 Posts

Maybe between you guys (Mods/Admin) pretty much know when the site is down more or less quick enough to flag it, or otherwise I guess it's the email contact address thingy for members to note and inform. Open to being corrected mind :) However, I think in the past what some might miss is that we were able to confirm the site being down via online chatrooms or other. I openly admit, I do look elsewhere to confirm connectivity but perhaps this isn't as obvious to some others. This doesn't say that the 'line' is an official one, when found, but more a 'problem' shared :(

;)

·
Registered
6,216 Posts

I don't think Ian and the other mods need dozens (or perhaps hundreds) of people e-mailing them every minute on the minute when the site is down for multiple hours.

At this point Ian knows he is having problems with the server company. It seems that he is taking actions to rectify the situation. I trust him to do what he can for the site and what he thinks is the best for his situation.

Given that there is usually a moderator online, I question how much good an emergency "oh my heavens the site is down and I need my fix now" contact address is going to do. I'm sure the moderators are more than capable of relaying the information directly to Ian.
--Toronto

1 - 20 of 29 Posts