Alfa Romeo Forum banner

61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
...something other than the stop start which is not working...
I personally find the S/S very annoying and do not use it (its just another gimmick, that does nothing to add/enhance my driving experience)

The same for the Hill Hold, which I hoped I could turn it off!

Regarding the reverse sensors, I didn’t even notice it came with it, until I engaged reverse!
So I guess it’s another ‘not very important gadget’ I could easily live without.

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Tapatalk

·
Registered
144 Posts
I have owned my G for eight months now. It is a JTDm however, but the s/s has never worked and I have to be honest, I don,t miss the function. I do not know if it has been deleted or not, but before people post about the battery being duff, it sat in the street for 16 days without use. Started on the button when I needed it and has never shown any signs of weakness.
What I am trying to say is, don't change the battery for the sake of s/s. See how the car works first.
p.s mine is without parking sensors as well and is a 140 bhp Veloce.
Enjoy.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Get a trickle charger/conditioner. I had my Guilia on my Ctek charger for 3 days and now S/S works all the time. I'm going to put a connecter on my Giulietta battery for the same reason, however S/S works all the time at the moment. I changed the battery this year and have never had S/S work in the winter months before, my car is a 2010 170hp JTDm.

·
Registered
32,674 Posts
The simple fact is that a battery doesn’t last forever. Especially if it’s discharged once as it never recovers. It may be because it’s been sitting on a dealer secondhand forecourt or it may be little used. I’m sure a trickle charger is ok if you’ve got a garage to park it in.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi there, I thought I had decided on a Giulietta for my next car: something with some power and ‘quirky’ looks... but then came across this forum.... I appreciate that people are more likely to post when there are problems than just to praise, but there seems to be ALOT of problems posts in a very short space of time. Can someone please advise what I should look out for when viewing cars ? Looking at 2014 onwards/ 170 bhp models. Appx 50k miles. Thanks for any advice (even if it’s not to touch one with a barge pole!)
I'm on my 9th Alfa now , my 1st Giulietta , been in the motor trade for 30 years so you'd think I'd know better, not a chance I've loved all of them , no real problems and my G has been faultless for 18months, she's now got 76k on it , you get problems with all makes so its just potluck IMO, have you brought anything yet?

61 - 67 of 67 Posts