Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys
Well, I was just wondering, have you had to take your car back for any warranty work yet?

My passenger seat still squeaks, so it will have to go back, but just cannot find the time...other than that, all is ok at the minute.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
its going in for a new drivers door handle has the chrome aint right which i spotted the day after i picked the car up, so far have waited 4 weeks for the part to arrive from Italy, good job it aint something that stops the car running!

·
Registered
713 Posts
my passenger seat squeaks aswell!! not all the time, just now and then when I am driving, and not nessary when over bumpy roads! that and the ghost passenger are the only two things that need to be looked at

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
my passenger seat squeaks aswell!! not all the time, just now and then when I am driving, and not nessary when over bumpy roads! that and the ghost passenger are the only two things that need to be looked at
I have found that putting the seat in the most forward position will stop the noise. It's almost as if the ratchet under the seat doesn't engage properly in some of the back positions..causing it to make an eeee aaaaaw sort of a noise.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
13 Posts
I took my car in about the 'ghost passenger' among other things. Apparently it's not a fault (and I should have read the manual...), it's supposed to be green if nobody is sat there, it's just confusing because the rear alerts are red when there are no passengers. Hope that makes sense.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Mine did the same! Didn't have to put it in the most forward position, just one notch further forward - that cured it.
Still needs to be addressed...not tried that however, will next time I am in the car.

I took my car in about the 'ghost passenger' among other things. Apparently it's not a fault (and I should have read the manual...), it's supposed to be green if nobody is sat there, it's just confusing because the rear alerts are red when there are no passengers. Hope that makes sense.
Was thinking must be stranged, as seems everyone has had that issue! Good information to know though

·
Registered
713 Posts
cant find that in my manual mate

·
Registered
136 Posts
That's not correct, I suspect it's the dealer fobbing you off. If you get someone to sit in the passenger seat and move about a bit, the alert will keep changing from green to red and back again. There's definitely a poor connection in there somewhere, don't know whether it's in design or manufacture. Suspect design as practically everybody, it seems, has the problem (including me).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts