Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Does anybody know anything about who can do warranty work for a non-QV Giulia?

I've tried bringing it to Alfa/Vauxhall Arnold Clark in Linwood who were extremely unhelpful and quite frankly seemingly gave up on the problem after a few hours but didn't tell me until I went to pick it up.

Seeing as it's also over an hour away and a 130mi round trip I have absolutely no confidence in their ability to maintain my car.

Will other FCA garages be able to help out here?

·
Registered
319 Posts
Next nearest Alfa dealer looks like Newcastle, but that’s probably 90-100 miles away from you.
What work needs doing?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Next nearest looks like Newcastle, but that’s probably 90-100 miles away from you.
What work needs doing?
Yeah Newcastle is probably 2:30-3:00 hours away each way. I think there's only 2 Alfa garages in Scotland Arnold Clark and one in Inverness!

So not great...

The issue is the boot. The button on the boot doesn't work, I have to open it with the key. Possibly a wiring loom issue - that was the diagnosis when I brought it in a few months ago.

The other issue in the back of my kind is that I bring it back and it takes them however long to fix and I'm stuck with another crappy filthy Corsa as a courtesy car.

Honestly it's my one biggest ownership gripe so far. Poor customer service and dealership network.

With BMW at least I found the experience was pretty consistent throughout and it was all very nice and smooth, seamless and brilliant. Alfa need to step up their game considerably because if they keep at it like this I legitimately would say it's difficult to recommend to someone.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Someone posted a while back that Western Lexus in Glasgow were able to do warranty work, They are still listed on both Alfa's and Mopar's respective websites as a service dealer. I have no experience with them though.

WESTERN ALFA ROMEO - Network dealer FCA
I know that dealer used to be an Alfa dealer but then changed to Lexus only a number of years ago. To be honest I just assumed that was just Alfa not bothering to update their internal systems, I'll give them a call tomorrow and see what's what. Worth a try right!

·
Registered
43 Posts
AC Sighthill in Edinburgh can do warranty and service, as can Western Lexus in Glasgow. Both have Alfa master techs onsite having spoken to them

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
I was not impressed with AC at Linwood when my car went for its 1st service back in January they forgot to complete the service. On the run up to service I also unfortunately had to use ARUK Roadside assistance on 3 occasions on the first 2 visits its was guys from the local area as the AR guys were busy, however on the 3rd visit I got a real switched on guy that was very knowledgeable about the workings of the car we spoke with regards to getting the car serviced at AC his comments were at best they only had 1 factory trained technician the rest look after Vauxhall. The guy was however very complimentary about the Alfa Technician who still worked at the Glasgow Lexus dealership and suggested I used them unfortunately I took out a service plan with AR when I purchased the car or I would have taken it there.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
AC Sighthill in Edinburgh can do warranty and service, as can Western Lexus in Glasgow. Both have Alfa master techs onsite having spoken to them

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk
Techs are fine at Sighthill but the organisation is all over the place. Takes ages to get anything done and half the time you ask for a courtesy car they forget to book one.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.