Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quick one - my 159 has 49k on it and is two years old in december- my recollection is that the full warranty is for the first 2 years or 50K. Assuming this is the case, who offers a good, comprehensive, 3rd party warranty?

·
Registered
32,442 Posts
no dealer cover on the third year:confused:

N

·
0 Posts
Could vary from country to country.

I claimed a lot of suspension stuff on the 147
but not anything electrical, which I have a sneaking
suspicion isn't covered.

My a-hole dealer forgot to put the paperwork in
and I only queried it after the 23 months so Brera
is out of warranty now. :(:(:(

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Could vary from country to country.
My a-hole dealer forgot to put the paperwork in
and I only queried it after the 23 months so Brera
is out of warranty now. :(:(:(
Cheers Nev, I must get right onto this as the 159 will be 23 months old on Nov 15th!

N

·
0 Posts
Hmm just checked the French 159 brochure online.
I think you're right about the 50Kkm.

It's called Alfa Zenium
12 months/ 75K km €450
24 months/100K km €650
36 months/125K km €1050

Includes Breakdown cover.

However as well as the 23month time-limit it looks like
it must have less than 40K km on the clock.

:(:(:(

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
The free dealer 3rd year warranty is very comprehensive and is unaffected by having your car serviced by VAT registered independents.

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Just checked the book & it states that it offers the same level of cover as the 24 month unlimited mileage standard warranty. Studying that book closely tonight to see if the car needs a service or not:confused:

·
Registered
32,442 Posts
good luck SR :lol:

·
Registered
919 Posts
Mine was 2 years old 2 weeks ago and is currently on 43k. I sent off a card in the back of the service/warranty book to change the 3rd warranty over to me, and assume it just continues. Will find out next week when the car goes in for warranty work...

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
The thing is with the third year warranty in the UK is that it's the reponsibility of the dealer rather than Alfa - a neat little trick so they don't have to give the rest of the EU it (and probably the only thing we get cheaper/for free here).

Although the third year warranty is supposed to be the same because it's a dealer one they're not quite so keen to do stuff on it as when they can just bill Alfa for whatever they fancy.

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
The 3rd year Alfa dealer warranty is provided by Car Care Plan.

·
Registered
32,442 Posts
did you figure out the servicing SR:confused:

·
Registered
7,670 Posts
Mine was 2 years old 2 weeks ago and is currently on 43k. I sent off a card in the back of the service/warranty book to change the 3rd warranty over to me, and assume it just continues. Will find out next week when the car goes in for warranty work...
Normally there is a charge of £25 to transfer the 3rd year warranty into your name Flapdog. Not sure whether you need to pay this if you purchased the car within the two year manufacturer guarantee. Either way you need the Third Year Dealer warranty card in your name. Best bet is to give Alfa Care a ring to confirm: number is 0870 752 7030. If it's not then fastest way to sort it out is through the dealer, who can sort it out immediately online.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts