Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have always had a problem with the stop/start and engine failure light ever since I bought the car in January 2018, the problem went away following several software updates, but has return again so I took it to the local Alfa dealer that updated all and returned the car to me, it started OK and all seem fine until the next morning when the engine idled extremely rough followed by the engine faulire light and stop/start light, I could not get any power out of the engine, so I hobbled to the dealer that did not pick up on the problem the first time and they told me they would keep it overnight to simulate the problem the following morning.
This has been an ongoing problem from day one and should not have happened at all, I think the car is beautiful but it has its problems that I hope can be fixed, only now after 39000 kms that Alfa came out with sofware update to fix the air con temperature imbalance between the driver's side and passenger side.
This is not good enough for a car that cost >$70K, Alfa better pull their socks up, I for one won't be buying another, alternatives from Jag, Merc, Audi and VW could be a better option.

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
Slipease, you haven't said what car or engine it is, or what age. You'd get a more helpful response in the relevant technical thread.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts