Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if this is of interest but here is a list of the issues that have raised their ugly heads on our Brera, and whether or not our dealer is prepared to do the works required under warranty.

The car is an April 25th 2006 3.2 V6 Q4 SV Manual.

Glovebox not staying shut - FIXED

Neither front Seatbelt returning properly - Not Covered

Chrome Kick Plate on Driver's door sill fallen off after glue failed - Not Covered

Metal fascia on console pitted under ignition slot - Not covered

Bad shunt through gears - Characteristic of car - No investigation

3rd gear crunches on entry when car moving - Characteristic of car - No investigation

Ticking from engine during warm tick-over - Characteristic of car - No investigation

Inconsistant flat-spots accross rev range when driving - Characteristic of car - No investigation.

Flashing mileage - Dealer reports that "Body Control" computer may have been replaced with the wrong item in the past (by whom?!?! and why when the car is under warranty!) Further confirmation and diagnosis would be at my expense - Replacement (£500+) would be at my expense

Anyone else got any 159/Brera warranty nightmares yet????

Meanwhile our mint 2000 156 "Sillyspeed" with 33,000 miles continues without fault - Touch wood!!!

·
Registered
5,559 Posts
Shocking. My dealer doesn't treat me like that. Who are they, or are you trying to get a settlement?

Oh and no, there's nothing like that wrong with my car after 10 months/8000 miles.

I must say some things like pitted aluminium are wear and tear though.

The rest are bang out of order, get Alfa UK involved if dealer won't fix in warranty.

·
Vendor
46,639 Posts
They replaced the seatbelt on my old 156 twice under warranty because it was "grabbing" too easily.
Mine does this, as does the JTD. All seatbelts in boths car were overly keen to 'grab'.. Is there a fix? I do actually like the fact I can give my driver's belt a tug and get it to lock me in if I'm going to be doing some fast cornering..

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
Neither front Seatbelt returning properly - Not Covered
Chrome Kick Plate on Driver's door sill fallen off after glue failed - Not Covered
Metal fascia on console pitted under ignition slot - Not covered
Bad shunt through gears - Characteristic of car - No investigation
3rd gear crunches on entry when car moving - Characteristic of car - No investigation
Ticking from engine during warm tick-over - Characteristic of car - No investigation
Inconsistant flat-spots accross rev range when driving - Characteristic of car - No investigation.
Flashing mileage - Dealer reports that "Body Control" computer may have been replaced with the wrong item in the past (by whom?!?! and why when the car is under warranty!) Further confirmation and diagnosis would be at my expense - Replacement (£500+) would be at my expense
WTF :eek: :eek:

Your dealer sounds like a right bunch of :sw:s and are talking utter borrocks :mad: :tut:

Get on to ARUK mate ;)

Oh and name and shame too please ;)

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Oh and name and shame too please ;)

What Nomad says. As per the other thread, is the car covered under warranty? When did you buy it?

·
Registered
15,180 Posts
Most of that sorry list SHOULD be covered under warranty. If your dealer can't/won't fix them (name and shame!) then get onto ARUK.

Are you a UK owner?? Where abouts??

Search the forum for names and contact details there.

Good luck and let us know what happens:thumbs:

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
The car is an April 25th 2006 3.2 V6 Q4 SV Manual.
Does this suggest that you are not in the UK?

Pretty sure that the V6 came out a good few months after this date here.

I may be wrong but if that is the case then ARUK can't help!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Where in the EU the car was supplied is entirely irrelevant.

The car is under warranty.

If you take a UK supplied car to any other EU country the local dealer network has to honour the warranty - If you take an EU car to a UK dealer, again the local dealer has to honour the warranty.

The only proviso is that the warranty is only valid for the length of time stated when it was sold.

So for example, everywhere else in mainland Europe the standard Alfa warranty term is 2 years (as is almost every other car manufacturer), whereas in the UK Alfa UK add another 1 year's dealer warranty to the standard EU 2 years cover.

In my opinion the dealership is trying to wriggle out of its responsibilities using the fact it is close to warranty expiry date and the fact it is not a UK supplied car to try to create confusion and kill a bit of time until the warranty expires in a week or so. Then they can wash their hands of it.

Bottom line is the car is covered for 2 years wherever it is in Europe.

In UK and Spain we own a late 147 GTA, a Punto 1.2, a Grande Punto diesel, a Fiat 500 1.4 Sport and another 1.4 Lounge, the 156 I mentioned before, a 159 V6 Q4 auto, this Brera and an 97 Ferrari 355 (definitely out of warranty!). I'd forgotten how many there were actually!
We're quite happy to vote with our feet and support another manufacturing group.

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
It's still under year 2 warranty for another 12 days so EVERYTHING should be covered. Kick some arse. Dealer should be hanged IMHO:mad:

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
So SJF you're not going to tell us who the dealer is then :confused:

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Couldn't agree more SJF.

And it sounds like you are being treated pretty poorly, especially given your loyalty to the Fiat group.

However your, and the car's, location is relevant in respect of the suggestions to get in touch with ARUK.

If this dealer is outside of the UK then obviously it has nothing to do with them, but if it is a UK dealer then I personally think that ARUK need to know how badly one of it's representatives is treating it's customers. Especially given the drive to improve customer service and brand image etc.

·
Registered
16,125 Posts
Still dont name and shame until you feel have exhausted all other avenues.

GTCoop had issues recently and did not name or shame and when the issues were resolved to his satisfaction he then names the garage - in a positive way.

AR must assist you with your issues if the car is in the UK.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for your support guys. Sorry if I sounded a little defensive - I've been taking a lot of grief about this!

I'm not going to name the (definitely UK) dealer involved until the issues are resolved - It is up to them whether or not it's a positive or negative comment!

Thanks.

Simon

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
Thanks for your support guys. Sorry if I sounded a little defensive - I've been taking a lot of grief about this!
From who :confused:

From the stealer :mad: or the usual pedantic, saddo, know-it-all/know-****-all muppets that frequent this place :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Perhaps someone could confirm the current position, but dealers get paid for warranty work, used to be about 65% of standard labour charge and value credited against parts account.
Some people may still think they do it without pay.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts