Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys was hopping someone around this way might be-able to help me out,
ive got a change oil warning message on my dash and need to get it cleared off, ive just done a oil change and the message did disappear but has just come back!:wow:
my cable is knackered and so i can do it myself, does anyone have trhe bits and bobs to give it a clearing for me?

Ta CT

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Hi mate
had the same issue and had to re set the light which is called oil degradation i think like you would your service re schedule but you must have the right gear

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the service schedule says another 10k miles but change oil light is on, i assumed you could just reset it?
i can reset the service schedule using the incar menus ...

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the service schedule says another 10k miles but change oil light is on, i assumed you could just reset it?

·
Registered
11,159 Posts
the oil change is not linked to service counter which is tied to mileage, oil is only activated by the degradation sensor and will need to be reset as Steff said using the cable and gizmo.!

·
Registered
11,159 Posts
Ok cool has anyone got there gear and can help me out :)?
have you tried Waterfall (BMW I think they call themselves now) on Brackla estate? they are a bit Alfa mad and will be glad to help. I can't say for sure if they got the stuff but worth asking
sorry haven't got their number but know they are behind the Mercedes workshop on right from traffic lights by new housing estate.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
nope haven't tried them dont really know bridgend that well but im sure i can find them , thank for the up m8:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts