Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, need some help regarding the Giulietta 1.4 m/a 170 bhp, pulled away from a junction on way home from work and not that hard on the rev's either when all of a sudden there was a bleep and the engine management light came on, i also have the stop/start light on the dash plus the DNA switch stopped working too, on stopping the car engine at home and then starting it again i'm also getting the " check engine " message. If anyone can give me any idea's on what to check or what the problem could be i would be very greatful, thanks Gary

·
Registered
231 Posts
First things to check:

Oil and all fluid levels?
Any strange or loud noises? (specifically from the head or turbo)
Smoke out the back?
Gearbox feels okay? no strange shifts or clutch problems?

if none of these then pop down to a garage and see if they can read the codes.
Might be worth investing in a OBD2 scanner at this point. can be had relatively cheaply from amazon/ebay.

Hope its just a electrical gremlin.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
First things to check:

Oil and all fluid levels?
Any strange or loud noises? (specifically from the head or turbo)
Smoke out the back?
Gearbox feels okay? no strange shifts or clutch problems?

if none of these then pop down to a garage and see if they can read the codes.
Might be worth investing in a OBD2 scanner at this point. can be had relatively cheaply from amazon/ebay.

Hope its just a electrical gremlin.
Hi bbadger and thanks for your info, got in car to come home from work and all warning lights have disappeared and all is back to normal ( for now lol ) but i'll give engine bay a check over and see if everything is ok, thanks for the info thou and it's probably just a gremlin like you said. cheers

·
Registered
231 Posts
Hi bbadger and thanks for your info, got in car to come home from work and all warning lights have disappeared and all is back to normal ( for now lol ) but i'll give engine bay a check over and see if everything is ok, thanks for the info thou and it's probably just a gremlin like you said. cheers
Glad it sorted itself out.
Might still be worth getting it checked - just a scan - as it would hold all the fault codes to find out if anything is suspect.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts