Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This morning I got the following four alerts come up after pressing the ignition button.
ABS,ASR, VDC and Hill Hold all disconnected/deactivated.
Turned it off On restart there was no alerts.

Anyone had this before or know what's going or about to go wrong.

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Battery - probably fooked. Just had one fitted to my Brera today.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Definatly the battery. Loads of simila posts about it. If you have a new battery, check your earth leads and alternator. Even then new batteries regualy fail.

Halfords do free battery checks

Jonnym

·
Registered
307 Posts
The other possibility on a JTD is faulty wiring to an injector, but that would be accompanied by very rough running and the fuel gauge dropping to zero.

·
Registered
518 Posts
The other possibility on a JTD is faulty wiring to an injector, but that would be accompanied by very rough running and the fuel gauge dropping to zero.
Agreed but the syptoms he described have been well documented as being a failing battery, working out why its failing is the trick!

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Agreed but the syptoms he described have been well documented as being a failing battery, working out why its failing is the trick!
Cheers all, hasn't happened since Friday morning, visit to halfords tomorrow for battery check is due, will let you know how it rolls.
Won't be buying it from them though, EurocarParts will get my business if that's what I need.
Halfrauds - £117 for a Bosch 12V SilverPlus 5 star 780A 77AH 5yr guarantee.
EuroCarParts - £82 Bosch 12V SilverPlus 5 star 750A 74AH 5yr guarantee.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
The only thing which might need to be checked is the date of charging. Usually there's a label on the battery saying when it was first charged. A 'new' battery could have been stood for a year before leaving the shelves and that could have lost you 20Ah of capacity before you start, especially if the battery was in a warm location

·
Registered
518 Posts
Cheers all, hasn't happened since Friday morning, visit to halfords tomorrow for battery check is due, will let you know how it rolls.
Won't be buying it from them though, EurocarParts will get my business if that's what I need.

Use the code merccl25 for a 25% discount
:thumbs:

I bought the bigger battery this month for around £75 from eurocarparts with the above code

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
All, So Halfords tested and confirmed the battery is in good shape. :thumbs:
But today I got just and ABS alert which cleared after turning the ignition off then on again.
So now what do I do? :confused:
How do I diagnose if it's the alternator on it's way or a sensor? :(

·
Registered
518 Posts
Did you do a few short journeys before? Or simply leave somthing on? Alot of member on here say if they leave the car for a couple of weeks the battery goes flat.

In my case I had a dodgy alternator, which actually started to smoke! Thats rare but it did also goose the battery. Im yet to see if the new battery and alternator combo will cure the going flat issue.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Did you do a few short journeys before? Or simply leave somthing on? Alot of member on here say if they leave the car for a couple of weeks the battery goes flat.

In my case I had a dodgy alternator, which actually started to smoke! Thats rare but it did also goose the battery. Im yet to see if the new battery and alternator combo will cure the going flat issue.
Possible short journey before, I'll be popping back to Halfords for that alternator check.

·
Registered
123 Posts
There has also been mention on this forum about the clutch/brake pedal switches causing this fault - I changed the clutch switch on my 159 and it cured the fault.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Same symptoms !

hi i have the same symptoms Today she stuttered and a warning light came on ! Asr Vdc could not be activated then check engine along with light on and rough running :(
The fuel gauge goes mad as well :(. Checked the battery and all good and charging well too. Can anyone point me in the right direction to a fix of the faulty wiring to an injector ? is there a how to ?
cheers Jon

·
Registered
76 Posts
Fuel gauge dropping could indicate that one of the pistons or injector have gone...

Get the code read and see what main problem is?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts