Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi evryone

When i turn the ignition half way and the GT does its checks, occasionally the message "water in diesel pump" appears

this has shown 4 days out of 5 so far. is this something i need to worry about and get looked at? does anyone know what it is and how much it might cost to fix?

i recently had a service, could this be the culprit?

any help much appreciated

cheers

·
Registered
443 Posts
Sounds like you need to replace the fuel filter, which should have been done at the service. Take it back to the garage and get them to do it. It won't take them long.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
I just got my car serviced at my indie garage and the car came back with this message when I started the car up. (Didnt have this error prior to the service). The garage fellas swear they put a new filter in, and said this error msg is common with alfas. Its driving me nuts though. They tried to reset it with their diagnostic machine thingy, but the error msg still keeps coming up. Theyre going to have another look at it on Tuesday. Any ideas? They charged me for a new fuel filter in the service too. Have they diddled me? Am I just gonna have to live with this every time I start up the engine? The engine actually starts a bit rougher since I got her back, so am wondering if there actually is water in there? Could that happen during the course of a standard service?

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Hi - my garage got it sorted - turns out the filter had a faulty sensor. They replaced it with another, free of charge, and thankfully that annoying beep and dashboard warning msg has disappeared. Yay!

·
Registered
208 Posts
I have this same problem on my jtd, warning lights up with every bump on the road, had a look and there is a pipe(coolant?) pushing against the connector plug on the base of the fuel filter. moved the pipe abit and the fault disapeared for about 2 weeks but is back now, am assuming the pipe has slipped back and pushing against the connection. Anyone else had this??

Chris.

·
Identity Confirmed, Authorised Trader
7,043 Posts
The sensor that goes in the bottom of the diesel filter is very week and can easily be damaged when changing the diesel filter so if you get this warning coming up at least you know the garage doing the job has changed the filter (most garages don’t bother changing it or the pollen filter)

The sensor is about £30

Ned

1 - 9 of 9 Posts