Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
*WARNING FROM WEST MIDLANDS POLICE*

BEWARE OF PAPER ON THE BACK WINDOW OF YOUR VEHICLE--NEW WAY TO DO CAR JACKINGS (NOT A JOKE)'

You walk across the car park, unlock your car and get inside. You start the engine and shift into Reverse.

When you look into the rear view mirror to back out of your parking space, you notice a piece of paper stuck to the middle of the rear window. So, you shift into neutral, unlock your doors, and jump out of your car to remove that paper (or whatever it is) that is obstructing your view. When you reach the back of your car, that is when the carjackers appear out of nowhere, jump into your car and take off. They practically mow you down as they speed off in your car.

And guess what, ladies? I bet your purse is still in the car.

So now the carjacker has your car, your home address, your money, and your keys. Your home and your whole identity are now compromised!

BEWARE OF THIS NEW SCHEME THAT IS NOW BEING USED.

If you see a piece of paper stuck to your back window, just drive away. Remove the paper later. And be thankful that you read this e-mail. I hope you will forward this to friends and family, especially to women. A purse contains all kinds of personal information and identification documents, and you certainly do NOT want this to fall into the wrong hands.

Please pass this on.

I took this off 156.net and thought it worth putting up. If its already on AO somewhere else my apologies. While I was working the other day I actually saw a woman get out of her car to go look at a sticker someone had put on her back window. This time nothing happened but I can see why people would get out to go look.

·
Registered
28,482 Posts
Thats a very good warning to have posted, I remember something similar happening down here many Years ago, especially in the Beach Car Parks. Quite a few people fell for it, after having a long Day on the beach in the Sun, and just wanting to get home, the thieves knew EXACTLY what they were doing !!!!!!!........

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Thank you. Always good to know the latest scam - i'll certainly pass it on to all my friends.:)

·
Administrator
46,335 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
We need to warn as many people as possible - i think i may photocopy your post and flyer them on peoples cars.
Theres a nice Maserati near me i could flyer him and nick his car - thanks for the useful info. Least he will know where i got the idea from and perhaps you'll get done as an accomplice to a crime - lol.

R

·
0 Posts
We need to warn as many people as possible - i think i may photocopy your post and flyer them on peoples cars.
Theres a nice Maserati near me i could flyer him and nick his car - thanks for the useful info. Least he will know where i got the idea from and perhaps you'll get done as an accomplice to a crime - lol.
:lol::lol::lol:

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Human vectored SPAM.
Vectored by the sort of humans who lack the observation skills to spot a bloody great sheet of paper stuck to their window before getting in?

Should have gone to Specsavers :rolleyes:

V

·
0 Posts
cheers mike, although im that lazy id probably just leave it there anyway:eek:

S

·
0 Posts
I would probably notice an A4 sheet on the GTV.

And would be noticable in the rearview before even starting ignition.

Its like that old urban legend of the flat tire, the helper, give them a lift across the car park, they leave their briefcase / bag, it has a big knife in it.

Sad thing is though, in seriousness, is that if someone really wants a car, with modern immobiliser systems, the only way of stealing a car is to carjack or from a burglary.

D

·
0 Posts
Although it's good to be warned of any scams that thieving bazzers are up to...

Is it just me or did this sound like a Harry Enfield 'Women, Know Your Limits' sketch?! :lol: Old school public information films that make women out to be complete morons.

To be spoken in an old English public information voice way:

'Guess what ladies, I bet you left your bloody purse in the car as well didn't you? You silly cow. Now they have everything they need to steal your entire life. You may go home this evening to find them in your kitchen, wearing your dress, cooking your husband some dinner. They have your life and there's nothing that a feeble little thing such as yourself can do about it. Who feels silly now? I bet you wish you'd left that piece of paper where it was eh? Women, know your limits!'

·
Registered
26,529 Posts
speaking of which, I spotted a phase 3 916 spider with the back window sliced and it was raining :(
Jay hasn't locked his keys in again has he ?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts