Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have decided finally that after months of failed promises, I am sharing my unfortunate dealing with GTVince aka Vince Singh aka Vince Bachu (his website is Home). (GTVince.com) emails were [email protected] OR [email protected]. His mobile number is listed on his site.

After reaching a deal on a set of complete Euro GTV6 bumpers (brackets, signals, hardware, ends, rub strips), I sent payment - nearly $1,000 USD. This was in August 2015. I paid at the very top of the market for bumpers which were described as "superb." Vince supplied a photo of the bumpers mounted on the car, and they seemed to suggest good condition. Coupled with the fact that he represents himself as a legitimate business entity with his website, I felt good about moving forward. I have learned that I far too trusting.

I specifically asked for prompt shipping (and paid for it!) so that I could inspect them immediately as I was leaving town for an extended period of time. After several weeks of silence following payment, I suggested a friend in the UK pay him a visit to ship them for me OR he could issue me a refund, no hard feelings. Surprisingly, they were shipped nearly immediately. They still arrived after my departure so I had to wonder if the delay was intentional.

Upon inspection, they are very much not in superb condition as stated; they're weathered and actually in very poor condition, hardware is unusable, and parts are missing. They were not even wiped of the UK mud and dirt. The brackets are utter junk (rears completely rotten, and fronts missing altogether). The side trim and rub strip retaining clips and stubs are mostly broken and rusted. Missing and broken tabs for the rub strips. Warped sections of the bumper shell. Broken and cracked plastic in all the mounting areas. In fact nearly every metal part on the bumper is rusted beyond use.

I wrote my concerns to Vince - he replied and said he would make it right, even though the "usable" parts (bumpers themselves, and most of the rub strips) were actually in rather poor condition. So, several more weeks go by. He says he is on holiday and will handle when he returns. OK, more time goes by. No replacement parts seem to be coming, so I suggest that I will handle the duty of finding them myself and he can simply refund me the fair market value of the missing parts (even though the package as a whole is a terrible deal anyway, I just want to use them now that the bumpers are here!). Still nothing.

I never expect perfection, but I do expect excellence and professionalism on both sides of a
voluntary transaction. I spent significant time to evaluate and photograph the goods and write to Vince for him to represent as fairly as possible the reality of the goods sold to me (and indeed those which were not sent but were paid for). I think I have been fair and patient and am representing the facts here. If anyone is interested I can supply the entire exchange to substantiate all the claims made here.

I cannot post photos but I will be doing so soon via hosted images...

http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=929873&stc=1&d=1451094964

1) The supplied "hardware." Rear bumper mount brackets are completely rusted and have sheared bolts in them. Also in the image are the broken and rotten retainer clips but they are mostly dust. Not a *single* metal fastener was usable, even after soaking in Kroil for over a day.

http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=929881&stc=1&d=1451095019

2) the front corner ends are not just scuffed, but deeply gouged.

http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=929889&stc=1&d=1451095221

3) Front corner end missing tab for affixment

http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=929897&stc=1&d=1451095379

4) Rotten inner structure beam on rear bumper needs ground down and painted, plastic cage around bracket area deformed (all the

http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=929905&stc=1&d=1451095539

5) Sample of the generally poor condition and rust. Pictured is the single usable (but rusted) clip in the front bumper assembly. There was one single usable clip on the rear.

This transaction has cemented itself as my single most regrettable interaction with anyone associated with the Alfa Romeo community, let alone someone who represents himself as a legitimate parts resource. But, I hope my lesson can prevent others from enduring the same loss.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Name Singh would be enough to put me off purchacing anything over 50 notes not very pc but there you go.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
87,588 Posts

·
Registered
24,536 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Veloce 6 that's sad to hear, generally GTVince has helped out lot's of folk, now to restore your faith in the Alfa Community, let me try and help you in two ways, there is a guy in Sicily with a brand new rear bumper with no insert, he wants €300. I have two second hand good bumpers front and rear not perfect, but better than what Vince sold you, they probably need respraying and the metal inserts are a bit rusty but as far as I know are useable they cost me £100 and that is all i would want plus shipping.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Veloce 6 that's sad to hear, generally GTVince has helped out lot's of folk, now to restore your faith in the Alfa Community, let me try and help you in two ways, there is a guy in Sicily with a brand new rear bumper with no insert, he wants €300. I have two second hand good bumpers front and rear not perfect, but better than what Vince sold you, they probably need respraying and the metal inserts are a bit rusty but as far as I know are useable they cost me £100 and that is all i would want plus shipping.
That's very kind of you, I did actually see that brand new rear bumper for 300 eur - seems like a fair deal after what I paid... Unfortunately after sinking all this money into these ones from Vince (which I can't even use without the brackets!) it just hits home how much of a sour deal this has been. I'm actually having trouble trying to figure out what I PAID for!

Back to your very generous offer - I may take you up on it... I really do need brackets and those silly clips that retain the rub strips. Can you send me a PM?

It's too bad this has occurred so far away. I do have a contact in Birmingham that may eventually pay Vince a visit and see if he's OK...

·
Registered
12,570 Posts
That's very kind of you, I did actually see that brand new rear bumper for 300 eur - seems like a fair deal after what I paid... Unfortunately after sinking all this money into these ones from Vince (which I can't even use without the brackets!) it just hits home how much of a sour deal this has been. I'm actually having trouble trying to figure out what I PAID for!

Back to your very generous offer - I may take you up on it... I really do need brackets and those silly clips that retain the rub strips. Can you send me a PM?

It's too bad this has occurred so far away. I do have a contact in Birmingham that may eventually pay Vince a visit and see if he's OK...
Italian friend?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Italian friend?
I can't comment on that, but I can say that Vince has still not resolved this major trainwreck in any way, shape, or form.

He stated that "he is a man of his word." Based on his words and actions he has only demonstrated that he is a thief, and a liar. I don't think there is any other way to interpret it.

I sent him an email giving him a quick update. I'm certain he gets them. He represents himself as a business so I imagine he will be receiving some sort of official correspondence in the near future.

FYI as a caution to the community.

1 - 20 of 88 Posts