Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. :thumbs:
just had a new rad fitted as mine was loosing its fins.
Well before change the temp would be about 90 at motorway speeds or just a little under and rise in traffic until the fan kicked in.
And after change its lower at about 80ish? or where the 9 of 90 is and when i stop it rises again until the fan runs and cools it to 90ish.
I changed the thermostat about a year ago.
Am i worrying over nothing :confused: cos as we all know We are just waiting for things to break :lol:

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
according to eLearn the stat starts to open at 82deg, so if you have a new rad that is working well I suppose it will probably sit around that temp, then being stationary going up to 90deg ... well if the car is stationary then no air is going through the rad so it will not be able to disapate the heat quick enough ...

So it sounds reasonable to me (I think) ... I've noticed that you have to get used to how the temp gauge works after you've changed something ... before changing my stat my gauge would read 70deg ... it was very worrying when it read 88deg afterwards!!!

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
it sounds ok to me mate should sit at about 88 the point that the stat opens id say it is to close to worry about it

·
Registered
6,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you,
I shall worry about somethimg else now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts