Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
went to see war of the worlds 30th anniversary last night in Cardiff.....it was absolutely amazin....i was awestruck...i know it dont take much...the special effects from a hologram of a cgi of richard burtons head and shoulders foating above the stage to a martian war machine landing on stage were spectacular....im impressed.

i hav aways bin a fan and bought the album when it first came out in '79 but this was somethin else...my 22 yr old daughter was impressed too...

jennifer ellison as Beth the preachers wife was good..didnt know she could sing..and justin heywood singin forever autumn.... well it was perfect.

the artilleryman, cant remember his name and nathaniel and the rest of the actors/singers were awesum....shame phil lynott isnt stil around tho...

anyway cant recommend this enuf even if ur not a fan...u will be by the end...

·
Registered
41,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hiya fraser

yea it is touring but tickets are prob sold out as they had to add new dates...go on live nation website and see if there are any left...but i really wouldnt think so...i bought mine in january....but if u can go i would highly recommend it....awesum...:)

·
Registered
28,482 Posts
Yes, I tried to get tickets for this in Cardiff, last night and tonight, but failed miserabely on both counts, unless I paid silly money on E-Bay. I knew you would enjoy it Tess, its very spectacular indeed, and sometimes seems unreal too, with some of the set pieces, especially the holograms. Glad you enjoyed it !!!!........:thumbs:

·
Registered
41,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, I tried to get tickets for this in Cardiff, last night and tonight, but failed miserabely on both counts, unless I paid silly money on E-Bay. I knew you would enjoy it Tess, its very spectacular indeed, and sometimes seems unreal too, with some of the set pieces, especially the holograms. Glad you enjoyed it !!!!........:thumbs:
roy it was amazin....i was gobsmacked....there were touts outside dont know how much they were goin for and a few empty seats inside....my mate has got me the live cd and photos from last nite....£20 which isnt too bad considerin its from the nite you were there and its a keepsake....and the programme is amazin....the technology they used was awesum...the backscreen was synced up to the music and the actors were havin a convo with the hologram....must hav taken yrs to sort out...i know there was the 2006 versionn on sky but they hav completely changed it...wow...:lol:

H

·
0 Posts
I saw this last weekend at the O2 (and saw it last year as well) and it was an improvement on last years show (which itself was excellent)

Highly recommended :cool:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts