Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to purchase a good used facia adaptor panel for a 2010 RHD Giulietta so that I can fit an aftermarket stereo.

I have seem double DIN ones on ebay, and I think there was also a single DIN which were fitted to cars that were supplied without a stereo.

Either would be acceptable, but I would imagine the single one is very rare.

Colour not important, I can always paint it.

I just think the new price is a bit excessive, so if anyone has a used one for sale for at a reasonable price please let me know. :)

·
Registered
103 Posts
Hi,
You say a single din one would be acceptable? Well I've just brought a double din one from another forum member as I'm doing the double din upgrade next week. I can sell you my single one once I've done it if that's any help?
Let me know if your interested, and I will take pics for you. No worries if you'd rather hang on for a double one or you don't want it, will keep hold of it.
Wouldn't want much for it, mainly just to cover postage. The guy sold me his for a great price so I will do the same and spread the Alfa love haha!

·
Registered
36,695 Posts
I don't think he wants your old panel unless it's got a universal single din aperture instead of the holes for the original radio? He's already got one of those!
I'd keep the original in case you need to sell the car and the buyer doesn't like the look of the double-din installation.
I wouldn't be surprised if the universal single-din panel was only done in lhd. (Like the carbon fibre panel I wanted.)

·
Registered
38,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes thanks for the offer onmislash, but unless it has a regular rectangular hole so that I can fit a normal stereo it won't be any different to what I have.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Yeah I kinda realised my mistake as I went to bed last night!
When I was searching for double din facias best price I could find was 114 with car audio centre. Hopefully you'll find a second hand one though.

·
Registered
38,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, £144 is a bit steep, especially as the LHD ones are a lot cheaper.

I am not keen on the Blue and Me, but I don't dislike it enough to spend that much to get rid of it.

I already have a couple of decent head units ready to go in though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts