Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Regional Support, For Lincolnshire - AOL
16,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know that I'm asking for the almost impossible but has to be worth a try !

I need an Offside Spring Pan ( Trailing Arm ) for my 1997 GTV 2.0 TS. Would buy a pair if possible.

Would like OEM Bushes in usable condition if I just buy the one but not really bothered about this if I can get a pair as I can then fit PF before fitting to the car.

I suppose that all I really need is solid metal bits, the rest can be sorted.

I know it's asking a lot but have to find a solution to this before taking out a second mortgage !

·
16,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
7,768 Posts
Do you require Doglegs etc also as these have been recently powerflexed, its just the pans that have original bushes?

·
16,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you require Doglegs etc also as these have been recently powerflexed, its just the pans that have original bushes?
Now you have me confused, not really much cop on these Suspensions ! :(

All the Suspension on mine is OEM, nothing has been touched in the six years since I have owned the car, I've been very lucky.

So Doglegs ??

Whilst I remember I may also need the OS Front Shocker if yours is any good. ( I might have a very slight leak on mine. )

·
Registered
7,768 Posts
If you look at the rear suspension from drivers side with wheel off, the spring pan is on the bottom right of the arch and if you look left or just follow where the spring pan bolts to the hub and see the other suspension component on the bottom to the left is the dog leg, once you see it you will know what i mean, its a thinish piece of metal with the damper bolted into the middle and at rear to subframe and at front to the hub. As for front suspension, its original and i have not taken that off yet but will check for leaks and get back.

If you look at the 1st pic in this thread the dog leg is the item labelled with 3, 4 & 5.
http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-gtv-and-916-spider/295956-suspension-bushes-chat.html

·
16,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK, I've got it.

Getting the Doglegs at the same time sounds like a reasonable plan to me. One of these was actually unbolted from the Damper so we could figure out where the " creaking " was coming from !

Sounds like you may have saved my sanity, I was getting to the point where I was wondering if spending a huge amount of cash on an old car was worth it, I'm sure you know what I mean. Hope I can save it, it's been a darn good car, still is.

Of course I also run an 1982 Alfetta GTV6, a great pleasure combined with a bit of worry too !

I walk around with everything permanently crossed !

·
16,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
16,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I best get my thermals on for tomorrow then.:lol:
:lol::lol::lol:

You're not joking ! Sitting here it looks lovely out there, bright sunshine, but once you step outside....... Just above 0 Deg. :eek:

Don't rush things for me though, not in a blinding hurry - yesterday will do ! :D

Thanks again. :thumbs:

·
Registered
7,768 Posts
Hi Nige, just an update to say im 2/3rds of the way there, have all Drivers side off as is drivers side front strut, will have the passenger side removed tomorrow and ready for your delecation with pics on flickr.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
glad you got sorted nige
one of my bushes started to squeek and i got underneath and noticed a split in one of the bushes on the nearside pan

As it was £350 + vat +carriage for just the one pan I decide to go for the auto lusso solution which was for the two pans and two dog legs powder coated powerflexed and only £350 all in
a no brainer really
Any way ive ended up with a spare set now which i shall probably power flex myself although i hear its a cow to get the old rose joints out
btw is your gtv6 hibernating now
I hear ed sold his

·
16,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi Nige, just an update to say im 2/3rds of the way there, have all Drivers side off as is drivers side front strut, will have the passenger side removed tomorrow and ready for your delecation with pics on flickr.
:thumbs: Many thanks for all your work, hope it wasn't too cold or wet ! :eek:

·
16,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Any way ive ended up with a spare set now which i shall probably power flex myself although i hear its a cow to get the old rose joints out
btw is your gtv6 hibernating now
I hear ed sold his
Hi Daz.

Must admit that I'm not looking forward to fitting new Bushes, does sound like it could be interesting. It's possible that I'll end up in a similar situation to yourself.

Well the '6 is under the Cover but is road legal and ready to go, I keep it on the road all year. Sadly for the last few weeks the roads have been 'orrible, wet, muddy and full of salt so it hasn't been out for some weeks now. :( I'm hoping to take it to our Skeggie Meet in the week after Christmas, I do like to run it when I can.

Yep, Ed did sell his, did he say for how much ? Always curious as to what they fetch. Certain that I wouldn't get my money back if I sold mine but that's not why I did it, still get a buzz when I'm driving it. :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts