Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I've had my car lowered on TA Technix coilovers, and to be honest they're just way too crashy! I want to return the car to stock suspension but probably with some Eibach springs. I've still got my front shocks & springs but not the rears - has anyone got any going spare I can purchase?

Many thanks!

Martin

·
Registered
883 Posts
Hey all,

I've had my car lowered on TA Technix coilovers, and to be honest they're just way too crashy! I want to return the car to stock suspension but probably with some Eibach springs. I've still got my front shocks & springs but not the rears - has anyone got any going spare I can purchase?

Many thanks!

Martin
I'm feeling you on this Martin I'm in the same boat but replacing the front and keeping the rears on

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haha christ, with the same coilovers? Its looking lovely lowered but I just cant handle it - I drive down a selection of bumpy roads with speedbumps daily and the car is dieing!

·
Registered
883 Posts
Haha christ, with the same coilovers? Its looking lovely lowered but I just cant handle it - I drive down a selection of bumpy roads with speedbumps daily and the car is dieing!
Yeah I've had mine for almost year now..and over the year Ive been umming erring what to do.. I did manage to live with it but I feel now the front needs to be shifted as my 147 is my daily car and I feel like I need a new body..! Would be perfect for track car so will keep them for a track car project in the future

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You've done better than me, I've had them on two weeks :paranoid:

It does show the difference between good coilovers and budget jobs though, I had some good quality HSDs on my last two cars and they were a world of difference. If I cant source some rear suspension used, I may go down the route of some Bilstein shocks with the Eibach springs - you can get the lot for £400 which isnt the end of the world! Moneys tight while I'm saving though, so some used stock shocks would be ideal for now :thumbup:

·
Registered
84 Posts
Side tracking slightly I fitted the MTS Technik kit and think the transformation is awesome, the car sits lower about 40mm all round just about right for our CR*P roads!!
Still have mine spine intact :biglaugh:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I did spot them on eBay for the bargainous price of £200. So not too crashy?

·
Registered
883 Posts
You've done better than me, I've had them on two weeks

It does show the difference between good coilovers and budget jobs though, I had some good quality HSDs on my last two cars and they were a world of difference. If I cant source some rear suspension used, I may go down the route of some Bilstein shocks with the Eibach springs - you can get the lot for £400 which isnt the end of the world! Moneys tight while I'm saving though, so some used stock shocks would be ideal for now

Most definitely these cheap version are designed just for one purpose and that's low and stiff I have a set of tiens on my accord type r and they are very different

1 - 8 of 8 Posts