Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone breaking a 147? (Or a 156 if they share the same part.)

The shield at the front which the dipstick slots in is cracked. I'm sure it's the CF3 version.

Thanks

·
Registered
500 Posts
You can take it off and leave it off if you like as it will not do any harm, search for heat shield alfa romeo on fleabay and you should be able to find one as that is where I got mine from not long ago. £20-25 approx. good luck

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can take it off and leave it off if you like as it will not do any harm, search for heat shield alfa romeo on fleabay and you should be able to find one as that is where I got mine from not long ago. £20-25 approx. good luck
Good to know, I'll see if one comes for cheap enough (remember someone saying £12 for scrappie)If not it'll be removed.

Cheers

·
Registered
854 Posts
I have a similar issue and was advised by a reliable source that it's ok to remove the shield in question as long as you don't leave the vehicle idling for an extended period of time,apparently the cam cover can melt.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a similar issue and was advised by a reliable source that it's ok to remove the shield in question as long as you don't leave the vehicle idling for an extended period of time,apparently the cam cover can melt.

Interesting. Will definitely keep mine on then.

·
Registered
500 Posts
should be able to get one from Italia Auto Parts for next to nothing £10-15. better than welding one as it might not last long anyway.
unit 19
Anglesea Business park,
Hednesford,
WS12 1NR

Tel 07932 371966

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
should be able to get one from Italia Auto Parts for next to nothing £10-15. better than welding one as it might not last long anyway.
unit 19
Anglesea Business park,
Hednesford,
WS12 1NR

Tel 07932 371966
Thank you.
Prices were £30.

Going to keep looking as i know people have got them for a lot less & it doesn't bother me 'that' much.

I'll email some people breaking the cars on ebay.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts