Alfa Romeo Forum banner

121 - 128 of 128 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,446 Posts
Naval gazing?
Where does the navy come into this?
It’s navel. How misleading.
Seriously, the pcp thing is going to hit the fan. My car was worth £34k when I was looking at gap insurance a couple of months ago and now they’re on forcourts for £25k. I hope it all stabilises but cannot see that it’s going to fix itself soon.

Is that because yours is a diesel and a Stelvio? All the Giulia Veloces and QFs seem to be still listed around the pre lockdown prices, some have slightly dropped just before lockdown.

·
Registered
34,388 Posts
No. The Autotrader figures hold up pretty well for Stelvio diesels as they do for Giulias but I was looking at Carwow used listings and they are much lower. I think Autotrader ads are putting on a brave face.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Is that because yours is a diesel and a Stelvio? All the Giulia Veloces and QFs seem to be still listed around the pre lockdown prices, some have slightly dropped just before lockdown.
They can list them at whatever they want, what they sell (or if they sell) for is another matter.

The car market this summer will be a write off. Will be interesting to see prices in autumn.

I’m guessing a diesel Stelvio will be easier to sell over the next 12 months than a QF.

·
Registered
125 Posts
No. The Autotrader figures hold up pretty well for Stelvio diesels as they do for Giulias but I was looking at Carwow used listings and they are much lower. I think Autotrader ads are putting on a brave face.
‘Poker face rather than brave. They know what is coming better than anyone.

·
Registered
34,388 Posts
Agreed. Any asset over average peoples savings levels are hardly liquid at the moment. A salesman will tell you something positive but that’s his job.

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
At the moment anyone would be a fool to sell an expensive car (If they could) unless they desperately need the cash.

·
Registered
34,388 Posts
As most cars are on PCP they wouldn’t be getting any cash from a car in negative equity when they bought themselves out of it.

121 - 128 of 128 Posts