Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all SA Alfisti

Was just wondering if it was possible to start a mini classified section here,for the SA guys.
Eric could u maybe ask the powers that be on the forum if this could be possible?

If it is possible,I can start it off by asking if anyone has 7mm hex bolts for my 75 tapet cover.

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
AGREEED!!! It wold be great!

why don't you just have them made? I can remember looking all over for the starter bolts for a Guilietta, until I heard they are something like 8mm or 8.5mm which are NOT FOUND in SA!!! Had them made at a cost though!

I say a for away! I've got a car to sell! LOL

·
Registered
79 Posts
I have a clutch master cylinder up for grabs belonging to a 2001 147 1.6ts as well as a clutch kit. both slightly used but in exceptional condition. at the same time Im looking for a 147 cd head unit as mine has the tape deck,which I didnt think they still made,havent seen a "cassette" in ion's:lol:

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
LOL at ions!!!

there's a place in JHB where the 147's are stacked next to each other waiting for ppl to buy the parts off them...maybe they'll have cd players, on the flip side, why not just buy a CD head unit coz mine is skipping CD's and scratching them and its irritating!!!

·
Registered
79 Posts
I have considered buying an alpine head unit but the problem is the trim plate. If I can get a trim plate then I will definately go the alpine route. Do you know where I can get one?

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
nah bru...ask audio installers they will make a plan just make sure it will look nice though...how about that RockFord Fosgate agents near boksburg...don't know where but they did a 147 once and it had a diff cd player in...

don't have details or know where they are but all I know is its close to boksburg in some highway!

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Those okes in b-burg are P and P and the 147 was my wifes:lol: had a custom surround made for the dvd player,but it still sucked,there is no way of securing the suround so once u stopped iritating the neighbours with sound,and took a burn around the neighbourhood the thing falls off,PS the 147 also has a pulsing self diagnostic check on ALL its wiring,so if u play with amps ,headunit etc u may run into error readings on the display,just a word of warning to all the audiophiles,keep it oem if possible,Ive learnt my lessons the hard way,also just listen to the engine,the best sound track to any road trip is an Alfa beat:)

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
LOL you're kidding?

A red 147? Had a nice install at PnP yes...

WOW what a small world!

I've been planning on a simple amp and sub to accomodate the BOSE sound system...wo what you telling me now the errors will pop up when the amp is installed with the standard head unit?

no man!!!:cry:

·
Registered
79 Posts
Nooooooooooooo!!!! I bought an alpine head unit infinity splits co-axels2 10'' subs and 2 amps. This will definately cause errors right???????

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
so you guys are TELLING me WE CAN"T install sound in a 147??? what nonsense is that?:cry:

·
Registered
133 Posts
LOL at ions!!!

there's a place in JHB where the 147's are stacked next to each other waiting for ppl to buy the parts off them...maybe they'll have cd players, on the flip side, why not just buy a CD head unit coz mine is skipping CD's and scratching them and its irritating!!!
Where is this place?? I want to replace my head unit as it's also skipping and i don't want to replace it with something that i can't use the steering wheel buttons on...

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well maybe yours wont throw errors,mine did and it ran down the battery every evening for some unknown reason,who knows maybe they have gotten wiser since my install,also the surround WILL always look like [email protected]#so if u can live with an aftermarket radio but a crud looking dash, go for it:thumbs:
If I had it over I would even live with my tapedeck than the damage I caused my own car,had to sell her as I couldnt live with my scarred car anymore:cry: :cry: :cry:

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi Guys back to the actual wanted section, I need a set of seats for a 1980 Giulietta 1.8, its the rust coloured corduroy material ones, if anybody has a set or knows of a set,please let me know any condition is fine willing to pay cash 0723853223

·
Regional Representative, For South Africa - AO-SA
5,467 Posts
Did you buy Colin's car ?

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Maybe:lol:
Now please help me find some seats! I want to have a car for next years concourse:cool:

·
5,467 Posts
Re-cover...... those brown seats are horrible. :vomit:...... With a cream Giulietta almost any colour would go well...

BTW, where do I send the flowers to when your wife finds out you bought another Alfa ? ;) :lol:

·
5,467 Posts
Just remembered, I do have a brown back seat for a Sud......... but that will not fit ....... just thought I'd mention it.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
LOL Im waaayyyy past the flowers stage,I now buy furniture or do house alterations as gifts of reconciliation!

I know the rust brown is bad,but I really want to keep the car as original as possible, I would like to enter my own car in de elegance in a year or two if possible, not other peoples as last year.
I should actually just stay away from the clubhouse because everytime we have a couple of beers I end up with a stupid idea in my head which usually involves another alfa:rolleyes: now all I need to do is come to your house to see how to store so many cars, u probably have a system going:)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts