Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks,

anyone interested or thinking of selling their Diesel GT or Brera? There seems to be a serious lack of options in Ireland at the moment.

I've looked at importing from the Uk but when VRT is taken into consideration it's difficult to see the value.

Cheers,

Joe

·
Registered
606 Posts
In the same boat as you Joe. There is never a good choice here, but the VRT is crazy money to be honest- besides all the hassle. Any purrdy GTs or Breras out there needing a new home?

·
Administrator
88,596 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Have you seen the following Diesel Brera which was mentioned in the For Sale thread :
I have. Lovely car but I'm looking for a 2008 or younger 2.4. Personally I don't think the 170bhp engine has enough grunt to manage the weight of the Brera.

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
I like your thinking, by all means then :)
I've got the old version of the 2.4 (140) remapped to 171 and EGR blanked. They are a fine bit of engine, and, at least in the 156 the 2.4 is bulletproof.
Be sure when you get the Brera that its the 210 not the 200. Threads on here say that the 200bhp engine is a bit problematic whereas the 210 is more reliable

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I like your thinking, by all means then :)
I've got the old version of the 2.4 (140) remapped to 171 and EGR blanked. They are a fine bit of engine, and, at least in the 156 the 2.4 is bulletproof.
Be sure when you get the Brera that its the 210 not the 200. Threads on here say that the 200bhp engine is a bit problematic whereas the 210 is more reliable
Good advice, i think it's the 210 engine from '07 onwards but i'll be sure to check before making a purchase.

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
IIRC the way to tell if its a 210 is that there is a sticker on the door inlet with the car specs.. Or you can just ask the guys/girls on the Brera lounge :)

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
A good choice, but some people reckon black isn't a great colour for the Brera, as it makes it more difficult to see the panoramic roof.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts